SS George Wilson Agrees to Terms

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by THE_TITAN, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

INDIANAPOLIS The Titans agreed to terms Friday on a multi-year deal with former Bills safety George Wilson.

Wilson, who visited Baptist Sports Park last week, also visited the Lions in free agency. The Titans believe he’ll provide more consistency at the position, and also provide leadership.

Wilson, who played from 2005-2012 with the Bills before being released for salary cap reasons, played under defensive coordinator Jerry Gray with the Bills. He met with new Titans assistant Gregg Williams during his visit.

“I definitely think it is a good fit with everything Jerry Gray and Coach Williams envisions for the defense next season,’’ Wilson told The Tennessean last week. “They want to take the defense a step further by adding some veteran leadership and depth at positions and they certainly expressed a desire to have me as a piece of their puzzle. They made it quite clear what they are looking for from me, and I think I fit the bill for what they are looking for as well.’’

In 92 career games with the Bills, Wilson had 362 tackles, 12 interceptions, 22 passes defensed, three forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries.

“George is a quality veteran player,” Titans General Manager Ruston Webster said. “He will contribute for us on the field, but his contributions also will come off the field, in the locker room and in the meetings rooms. He was respected as a football player and a leader during his career in Buffalo, and he will bring that veteran presence to our team.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

He's a tackle first safety. Not a coverage guy. Look for Griff to be more of a ballhawk.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

If Williams can get Griffin to stop playing like a puss then I think we should be much better in the secondary.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He'll be 32 in a month. How is this not a stopgap signing? If he's here for two years until we get someone who will be here a decade it's a stopgap signing. He might be pretty good for those two years, but chances are we have a new coaching staff at that point and it won't really matter.

5. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

This is exactly the type of safety that Griff needs to play beside. A sure tackler. This frees up Griff to do what he does best which is making plays on the ball.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

#2 on this list is now ours.

Attached Files:

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I'll take it. Canty would be a nice sign as well especially since he fills another need and doesn't count against comp picks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

never heard of him.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

10. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Like others have said hopefully the FO is still smart enough to grab a S relatively early in the draft. Good signing though hopefully Canty comes around and signs, I mean KC or Tennessee is it really that difficult?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar