SS George Wilson Agrees to Terms

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by THE_TITAN, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

It really depends on who we sign in Free Agency but signing Wilson removes the need for a safety, possibly til next year and good safeties don't need to sit and learn.
  2. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Starter

wow. we actually were proactive to fill a need? cue Fred Samford's heart attack.
  3. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

You're probably right but I really hope you aren't. I don't think there will be such a deep safety class for a long time. If we do end up with those two 3rd round picks I'd be really disappointed if one of them isn't used on a safety.
  4. steverife

steverife Starter

I'm cautiously optimistic. He did get benched last year on a defense that was arguable worse than ours and he looked bad against us.

I know he was really good in 2011, so hopefully he just had a bad year and isn't used up.
  5. Soxcat

Soxcat Starter

George Wilson didn't start until his 3rd season so that isn't always true.
    But I agree if we use an early pick on a S they should be able to play soon.
    It might be better to jut add a S Somewhere in the middle of the draft were we think we can find value and then see if Martin or the rookie can step up in a year or so. We need some depth anyway assuming Babs is gone.
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I am really curious how this draft is gonna go, the front office seems high on the younger guys we drafted last year.

I expect us to take alot of guys that will be able to contribute right off the bat. I see us taking a WR early, guard of course, and probably a pass rusher and middle linebacker all by the end of the third. I think it is going to throw alot of us off guard, but you have to remember. Munch needs to win NOW, not wait for a guy to develop and become a starter.
  7. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

We now have a SS that is not afraid to tackle
  8. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I still would like to look at Elam...is that crazy?
    • High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Titans still have an unknown in Markelle Martin. Maybe he becomes a special teams guy and gets on the field for certain packages over the next two seasons and then can step in at one of the safety spots.

Safety is still a draft need though not nearly as much as it was yesterday. They won't have to reach to fill a need.
  10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

And that's why its important to fill up on FA like we are doing. This allows us to make level headed decisions on draft day. IMO anyways.