SS Jonathan Cyprien

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

[​IMG]

http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/...-Cyprien/7069b7e5-83ad-493e-a032-050d9bd13cfe

Strong Safety is a known need to any Titans fan, and with bigger needs in the 1st & 2nd rounds, the popular names such as Matt Elam and Eric Reid will be long gone by the time we address SS.

The 10th overall pick is reserved for impact players, and as bad as some think we need a SS, we need a Guard and DT way more.

Jonathan Cyprien from Florida International.can be our guy in either the 3rd or 4th rounds.

I know some may laugh this guy off because of where he played but let me point out that when his team did play big programs, he was the guy standing out.

Vs Louisville Cyprien picked off Teddy Bridgewater in the 1st quarter and finished the game with 9 tackles. This guy likes to hit you too, and as we all know our defense needs some attitude. Cyprien could provide us with exactly that.

Here are the reports coming out of Mobile.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Anyone is better than Babineaux and Robert Johnson.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

This guy really would be, and since he went to a small school people will overlook him.That'll be good for us because we can't afford to use a top pick on a SS.

4. xpmar9x

I just want a SS who's not afraid of making a big hit. Somebody with that attitude and swagger. Griffin is a really nice guy, and he plays like it. He plays like he's scared of getting fined. Elam, Cyprien, or Swearinger are the 3 guys who can bring that attitude.

I'm just dreaming of a team that lands Star (1st), Elam (2nd), OG (3rd), Mathieu (3rdC-4th)... plus a Top OG FA & a resigned Velasco.

Our defense added 3 guys who play with nastiness. Plus, we added two new OGs, a solid vet (hopefully Levitre and a young promising rookie).

Look at all the young "potential" stars on our D: Casey, Martin, Star, Elam, Mathieu, Brown, Ayers, McCarthy... plus hopefully Morgan/Wimbley would step up.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

We need a FA saftey and to draft a saftey of the future. Johnson is not cutting it. Martin might be that but he might not. Besides, DB is the one position where you never seem to have enough depth. Every draft should have at least one DB in it.

6. JCBRAVE

You are dreamingggg

7. xpmar9x

I'm all jacked up on Mt. Dew.

8. xpmar9x

No - but fo real, it's very possible. All of those players could be available at our draft selections. There's alot to be determined before now and draft time. But adding those 3 on defense would improve our defense dramastically, even with a terrible DC. They would bring the mean streak to this defense, and hopefully it would rub off on other players. Get some convidence in them. But, it also addressed our biggest need: OG. Signing Levitre would bring in the instant help now that we need, while adding another guard via draft. Hopefully, they'd turn out to be our starter as well.

We'd successfully fix the defense, but can JL and the offense actually complete a successful drive?

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Here's the thing.. We are going to get three starters from this draft. Might not be the three we all hope for but if there is one thing that I'm actually impressed with lately, it's our drafting. Webster is making a believer out of me on his scouting and evaluation skills. Dudes got it.

The second round might not be who we want but it will be a top talent that slips into the second round. The best thing to do is start looking at which positions of this class are deepest. Outside of the first round, we will pick from those two deep pools for second and third picks.

Safety has actually been deep, Vacarro, Reid, Swearinger, Elam, Cyprien. ... Personally I only see one first round talent in Vacarro. The rest are a second tier of talents. Not sure we would spend that high second on one, now which ever one of these cats make it to round three.. That's probably our guy.

DT is a very shallow class for what we need. Everyone keeps bringing up good three tech DTs... Single gap penetrators. The problem is we have THREE of these guys already. Martin can play a little 1/0 tech but he isn't built like a true space eater. Klug is an undersized 3 tech and Casey has been our most prominent 1 tech but is also not strong enough. He gets blown off his spot and pushed around... That's not a 1 tech fellas. We need someone that pushes

Star isn't super large but he holds his base very well and he can also break and rush the passer. He would be the top pick for us to start collapsing the pocket from the inside. The other DT that fits the bill is the GIANT John Jenkins. He doesn't have a great motor however. But when he is fresh he makes big plays and blows **** up. He would be an awesome rotational player and his mentality would probably prefer that he was.

Jenkins is a top 40. Star top 10 of course. Soooo what we got here is two options, if star falls to 10, I'm positive we take him, if not, I think we will be praying Jenkins is there in the second... But unlikely.

DE has a lot of depth, depending on the first round (Warmack or star) I could see us taking a DE that slips outta the first if we wind up taking the guard first. We get star, we turn to guards quickly I think. Okafore showed good power and leverage in TE senior bowl practices, bull rush guy. Ansah looked lost and just not polished, very well could slip now. Jones was killing it from uncle.. But most likely go first now. The first round talents of course are Werner, Jordan (maaaaybe) Damonster Moore, mingo and jarvis both 34 guys,

10. JCBRAVE

Every team knows there's safety depth in this draft, and I bet they'll all wait on getting a safety thinking there will be a few later. This could be good for us now that I think of it, might get Elam to 39 for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar