Stadium security/ Conduct policy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Careful, lets no forget about what happened in Arizona.

My worst experience came from a Chargers game playing against the Raider (go figure).

I was working security and a drunk woman appeared to hand me her drink to throw away. I know that was not my job but whatever, no big deal. Reached out my hand and her husband said something along the lines of "are you stupid". I quickly came back with, "no but you better keep and eye on your drunk butt wife and focus on getting down those stairs"......after that I learned to really enjoy Titans games. Not that I ever had any reason not too, everyone has been great so far.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I have seen 2 incidents at the stadium. One involving a visiting eagles fan and another involving a titan fan in a semi racial incident. Other than that things are pretty calm. the Eagle fan was acting out after an Eagles score put them up 21-10 and somebody threw an empty water bottle at him. He wanted to fight but had no clue who to fight with. Nothing came of it.

The other incident was in 99 when a black guy with his wife and kid wanted to sit in some seats below us but they were occupied. Some drunk rednecks were riding him about not having the right tickets. "You are in the wrong area boy". Turned out the other people had to move and they had the right tickets and the right seats. There was nothing beyond that no threats of violence or the N word. Still i was ashamed of them especially when a guy is there with his family. The rednecks(GoT and friends?) were so drunk by the time the game started i doubt if they even knew the score at halftime.

I was at the 2000 playoff with the Ravens and i was looking to see if some titan fans got into it with Raven's fans. Titan fans were too depressed to fight anybody. I have never seen people more down at a sporting event.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Just to refresh some memories SEC bipolar was arrested in Minnesota for throwing tomatoes at a certain politician but hitting a cop. A little heads up for anyone sitting in his area.

Here is his mug shot. [​IMG]

This is a public service announcement..

4. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I'm glad to hear that the texting thing has gotten better....as far as a warning and watching or waiting for a second issue. No one wants to have to endure a second issue but I've had the fear of something like Riverman mentioned when the obnoxious fans got the non-trouble makers kicked out.
    Security seems to do a pretty good job. I don't want a "police state" either, but there could be more. If your not doing anything wrong, you should have nothing to worry about.

I made the mistake of going to the bathroom during play in the 2nd quarter during the Steelers game a couple of years ago. 3 drunk Steelers fans probably in their mid 20's started giving me ****. I laughed it off and just smiled and didn't say a word, but then they started to get a little nastier. I'm not a small guy, but when they are drunk, there are 3 of them, and the OBVIOUSLY are trying to start a fight. Those are the ones that bother me. Guess I could have text the bathroom as the location. LOL!

I like a beer during the game, but I can live without it....and usually do. Like most, I'll have my share tailgating before the game. If they are obviously drunk, they shouldn't be let in. The city could probably do a little more patrolling the parking lots for the fall-down drunks.
    Opposing jerseys......I guess it depends where you are. I definately wouldn't do it in Philly or Oakland, for example.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The easiest and probably smartest way to make the game day experience safer is to eliminate alcohol sales. It will never happen because of sponsors and concession money, but it would be the easiest way.

6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Add San Fran to the list as well.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'll never forget that Eddie George a native of Philly advised his family not to wear any titan gear at the game when the Titans visited in 2000.

I would not wear visiting gear to Chicago. I know there are green bay fans who wear their cheese heads to Soldiers field but i probably would not do that. I went to enough games there to know how worked up they get.

To be honest the rust belt northern cities like Chicago, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Detroit could be unsafe for visiting fans. Just a different attitude and culture from what we have in the south wear college football was here so long before the pro game.

As for Oakland? I wouldn't even visit the place for lunch.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I wouldn't wear your jersey into any environment if you aren't comfortable handling confrontation. Definitely not Oakland or philly- where stupid and drunk run together like salt and pepper. Too many people there that believe football is war and anything goes.

10. Denali

Denali Starter

I must disagree about blaming violent episodes on the sale and consumption of alcohol. If someone wants to be violent, they will do so regardless of alcohol. There are plenty of civilized people that drink alcohol but are also non-violent. Blame the poeple, not the alcohol. They decided to be violent, and they decided to drink. Their decisions, their fault.

As for wearing Oilers/Titans colors at visiting team's locales, be it stadiums, bars, walking around town, etc..., I would rather die than be afraid to wear my colors proud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar