Stadium security/ Conduct policy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

yeah but it may also be THEIR decision to try to kick your azz. That's where the problem lies in liability. Stadiums and home franchises are liable to provide a safe atmosphere.

btw- if they take alcohol out of the stadiums, they will take away 25-40% of the home team fans coming to the game. The "adult" atmosphere is largely what the regularly paying customer base finds valuable. That's why there are sexy cheerleaders, "stomping/grunting" player entrances with fireworks, "boom" type montages, etc. In short, a testosterone fueled-chest thumping atmosphere.

This whole "family atmosphere" thing is a joke. The prices are WAY too high to bring a family to a pro game and the whole marketing approach has been for flamboyance/bravado and high speed/hard hitting action. The family atmosphere and ideals work better for college ball and every community has easy access to such events. Franchises would be better served to have a "family day" set aside for pre-season when the home team usually has a great chance of winning anyway.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

too bad my it sucks are gone or you would get one for that stupid comment :moon2:

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

Here we go with the "family" e again.

Idea, I think many stadiums have family sections where alcohol can not be bought or consumed. I know there is one a Turner Field. Maybe the Titans could set aside a section like that.

I'm all for a safe environment and maybe certain stadiums need more security. I think LP is generally safe. I've never seen a fight. I have seen people get ejected for having fun. A couple people were out of line but cursing shouldn't get you booted.
    Has the stadium staff watched the Titans? Incredibly difficult not to curse watching the game.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

It wouldnt take away 40% of fans. Cause then families would come back to the games. There are thousands that dont buy tickets only cause of the drunks.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Umm- yeah it would. People would watch the game on HDTV and party at home for less money. And I don't know of that many folks that would pay those ticket prices to bring their younger children to the game.

The family section idea is a decent idea but how you gonna keep the drunks out of it? Or keep the drunks sitting on the side of the tape from heckling opposing fans in the family section?

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

Don't make fun of white people or church groups. Apologies all around.

Attached Files:

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Quite frankly, if you want to make fun of white people or church go to Taboo and have a blast.

In the main public forum, I don't want racism or bigotry of any form. Admins agree. This is for football talk.

8. XO

XO Nevada Native

It was a joke, then I apologized. Then I posted two funny yet relevant meme type things. What is this Taboo you speak of?

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

I think it might be more understood than actually enforced. I think they put it in the far corner of the upper deck where all of their sensitive ears are safe from the vulgarity of the average baseball fan.

It could work at LP. I'd personally put the family section in the parking lot or maybe even down by the river bank.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

So you discount the contribution of the female fans to the Titans attendance I gather....as well as to the consumption of the beer sold....:grrhee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar