Stafford agrees with Lions!!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by moose4now, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

The Detroit have reached an agreement with Georgia QB Matthew Stafford on a contract that could be worth 78M over six years. And, it includes 41.7 million dollars of guaranteed money.

www.nfl.com

Thoughts.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

And the Lions continue to suck for the next 5 years.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I definately would have gone with Sanchez on this one. BIIIIG pricey mistake for the Lions.

4. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

That is the "Redskins blowning their wad on Albert" kind of money...

For a freaking rook....

Wow.

Unbelievable.

5. Blaize

Blaize Camp Fodder

I would have gone with Curry. But you never know who would have thought Joe Flacco would have done anything?

6. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

This is why there will be an uncapped year & a lockout ... what a ****ing ridiculous contract for a ROOKIE

7. Pjames32

Pjames32 Starter

I guess I'm the only one that likes the pick. I definitely don't like the price, but I like the pick.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Flacco really isn't that great.

9. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Source: Lions, Stafford agree on 6 years (AP)

Matthew Stafford and the Detroit Lions agreed on a six-year deal Friday night, a person familiar with talks told The Associated Press. The person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because there hadn't been an announcement, said the Lions will pay Stafford $41.7 million in guarantees and as much as $78 million.

More...

10. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Unbelievable..........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar