Stafon Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Great job of doing what you do best. Taking a comment out of context. I was responding to a post that Ringer was like Henry numb nut.

SLOW...............

2. imbread

imbread Starter

forgot all about henry, i never seen a back like him, alway looking to run into someone and fall down, man glad he is gone

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

One thing I've noticed...every Titan is underrated on this board. I don't see ANYONE EVER hating on Chris Johnson outside of a few select morons on here. Some people are saying we could be fine without him this season... ... ... :lol:
    Everything we do on offense relies upon him being in the backfield. I guarantee you that if Matt Hasselbeck thought there was a chance of CJ not playing, he'd be in Miami or Cincinnatti or even retired right now.

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

:dead2:

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Ringer has filled his role nicely, but I'm yet to see him get meaningful yards as a Titan. Long runs in blowouts? Or 12 yards on 3rd and 18? All day long.

If you followed him closely at Michigan State, you would know that he was notorious for not doing anything in the big games.

I think the Titans will have a real hard time moving the ball if they have to rely on Ringer.

6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Not sure what exactly defines big games for Michigan St., but his senior year he had 200 yards against Notre Dame, 120 against Purdue, 194 against Michigan, and 81 yards and 2 touchdowns against Cal.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think Ringer would do fine if we had a balanced offfense. If we have 8 in the box he isn't the kind of back who would get yards anyway. But then neither is SJ and even CJ had a tough time. I do think Harper was brought in to be a little more of an inside power runner than CJ or Ringer.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We need to use Jamie Harper the same way we used LenDale White, soften up the defense so C.J. can rip them a new one. I liked how we used to run our backs. The starter played 4,5,6 snaps, then comes in the other guy for 3 to 4 runs, then repeat.

9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

*cough* Barry Sanders *cough*

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

We hopefully should not see 8 in the box this season. Granted Mat is no Brady or Manning but he can read a defense and make plays when he needs to. I think we are going to have probably a more balanced offense than we have seen in a very long time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar