Stallworth?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ammotroop, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I read that article too & as it turns out,talk is cheap & their GM was full of it. The Cards are desperate to redo his contract. Link

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it' done, Donte's a Brownie

next.........

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Seven-year, $35 million contract, $10 million guaranteed.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

isn't that pretty close to what we offered him last year?

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Here's the Pats deal last year:

"The pact is worth $3.6 million the first year, according to ESPN.com, including a signing bonus of $1 million, a roster bonus of $1.6 million, a $300,000 workout bonus and a 2007 base salary of $700,000.

Stallworth would be paid $33.1 million if he completes the deal, including $14.6 million in the first two years. If he’s retained in 2008, according to ESPN, he would be due $11 million -- $10 million in option, roster and workout bonuses and the rest in base salary."

Basically his deal with the Pats forced him to either rework his contract this year or be released.

I don't remember the Titans offer except that it was said to be more. I don't know if that means overall or his '07 salary.

I'm curious to find out how this new deal is structured because, compared to some so far, it sounds reasonable.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Going for his third team in three years he doesn't have much leverage. And he probably won't see half of those 7 years.

7. I'm not really sure $10M guaranteed to Stallworth is all that reasonable, but I guess that's just what average starters are getting nowadays. That's Drew Bennett money there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar