Star players we've passed on for average/scrub guys

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

A few come to mind...

Kevin Dyson over Randy Moss (1998 draft)
    Andre Woolfolk over Nnamdi Asomugha (2003 draft)
    Pacman Jones over Aaron Rodgers (2005 draft)

Dyson was probably a little better than average... gotta love him for the MCM, either way. If Pacman wasn't such a turd, that would've been one of our best picks of all time. I'm sure there are tons and tons of others.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The only thing average about Pacman is his brain. He was a good pick in terms of ability just not overall.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well below average. WAAAAAAAYYYY below average.

He is a below average player in the league now, so yea... he applies.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

But he's not with us. That's like saying if Bulluck is average for the Giants, he applies before he is average now.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Pacman wasn't average by any means, and in no way applies to this. He was a hooligan and we knew what we were getting into, we just rolled the dice hoping he'd shape up. He didn't and we lost because of it. Our current CB dilemma can be traced back to that very draft pick.

Dyson over Randy was an absolute bust of a draft pick, and Woolfolk was supposed to be much better then he ever was, so again, can't blame us too much there

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

What exactly did Adam Jones do while a Titan that vaults him into some near legendary status??? I remember WRs catching balls all over the place as his midget butt tried without success to do something about it. Then when he was not being abused at CB he was busy either bouncing punts off his gold grilled pygmy face or doing some unorthodox return for huge yards. Adam Jones was barley servicable at CB because he was too small and he was undisciplined in the return game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. munie

munie Starter

Dude was top 10 in Stop Pct and Ypc in his 2nd season . He also allowed only 6 passes on one on one coverage and two TDs in his 2nd season. Pacman was FAR from average. That is not even considering his work on special teams. We still have a black hole at returner off that pick.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Meh. I understand your resent for the dude; I don't care for him either. He was a game changer though, and there is simply no denying that. Why do you think teams are still willing to take a chance on him? He won that Giants game for us, the epic comeback. He was a beast in the return game, and was approaching the level of shutdown CB. I really dont know what you're talking about. He wasn't legendary by any means, but he was well on his way.

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Returner and CB. Imagine Pacman and Finny lining up....Peyton wouldn't be having the heydays he had last season if that was the case.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Hey I can make up stats too, but I won't bother. Midget boy got toasted in the open field regularly, that is when he wasn't whiffing tackles or being run over by Johnson.

Stop %? Who's measuring the stops? Ypc for a CB, what on earth are you even talking about. Are you stating that somehow Jones as a CB was able to make the QB throw shorter routes??? its nonsensical. Jones has had exactly 4 INTs in the NFL and according to NFL stats he defended 18 passes as a Titan and made 94 tackles. Not the worst numbers probably but no way top 10 numbers. Notice everytime he has been to Hawaii he has bought his own ticket - lol

As for Jones making the Titans better in Adam's 2 season as a Titan Tennessee went 12-20 .375. The year Adam was taking care of his legal matters the Titans went 10-6 and made the POs as a WC. Yeah he really helped the Titans.

Jones' had production as a returner, erratic production. I admit he was dynamic, but his refusal to catch a punt cleanly was difficult to watch.

As for value at the 1.6 no doubt Titans could have done better than the idiot midget Adam Jones, but to state that he was something special I just totally disagree with. Jones fumbles 7 punts in 63 returns for the Titans - did worse a a cowpuke. Midget-boy fumbles 2 out of 63 KRs as a Titan, again worse as a Cowpuke. The thugglette had zero respect for the ball and the Titans. Team got better when he was removed.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar