STAR WARS

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by The Playmaker, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They haven't ruined Marvel so I'll give them a chance.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

This is a good thing imo. Give someone else a shot to make a decent movie out of the back story cause Lucas can't.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Agreed. It's not like Disney won't attempt to make a good movie. They were doing just fine before acquiring LucasFilms.

I CAN'T STAND all the whiners that are acting as if this will somehow diminish the original trilogy or "ruin Star Wars". Hate that mentality when it comes to remakes/reboots/sequels and I hate it in this case. If you can't separate films/stories by their own merits and insist on lumping everything into one pile and judging it that way, then that's your problem.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah, like no one sees Alex lumping Craig Stevens in with Shad Meier, he hates them both on their own merits ;)

5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Leave the originals alone... because they're pretty well done, but primarily because there is SOOO much story there to be told.

Expanded universe, storylines post trilogy and tons of stuff pre-trilogy. I'm talking 1000's of years before AND after the known trilogy.

So much available with this deep universe, it'd be a waste to do what's already been done!

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It is silly that in a Universe that is thousands of old, they've focused 99% movies\books\games on less than 100 years.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

because the only characters people have any fondness for, happened in that 100 years.

I hated anakin as a child, and he ended up being the most identifiable character in the series. If you went before him with a film, you'd be so far away from the original cast that people will lose interest, I think.

8. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Transformers vs Star Wars

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

And IMO.. There is NOTHING bad Disney can do to SW that Lucas has not already done.

I've got an open mind about it.

10. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

In my opinion, this is a fair warning for Star Wars collectors to SELL! SELL!! SELL!!!

Every piece of Star Wars anything is about to go way down. Star Wars movies every 2 years? All the Star Wars everything is about to be polluted and dilluted in every corner of the market, driving the price of everything down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar