Starter at CB Remains Unnamed

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Anyone else nervouse that Harper is going to get shredded by Manning after last nights Saints game? He made David look like a clown.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Harper is at least as good as Hill in coverage (probably better) and is better against the run. The key to beating the Colts is being able to stop the run with our front 7 so we don't leave our CBs on an island as much. The key guy for the Colts is their TE, he demands S coverage (like Troupe should be) which makes their matchups pretty tough although we should have a little better LBs in coverage than the Saints IMO.

3. Harper definetly doesn't blow by any means.The guy is a solid CB who seen just about everything compared to Fin and Griff.I'd rather have Harper out at least at one CB spot cause hes a proven veteran.Some of you poeple keep forgetting that playing CB is probaly one of the tuffest positions to play in the nfl besides QB.I'd much rather have a proven guy like Harper out there then two people who haven't really played the position on a regular bases.I do realize that Fin did play one game and he was great along with a great camp and Grif has all the intangables to be a great corner,but i just like the idea of having Harper on one side.Who ever plays the other side whether its Finn or Griff will defiently be a upgrade over Hill.They both tackle well,physical,and can locate the ball.Yeah they got burned on a few plays but the best CB's do.I watched D-Hall get abused by Johnson in preseason ,hey it happens but i still think hall is a solid CB

4. Blazing Arrow

Harper has covered in practice since Manning was a rookie. Manning will know Harpers tendancies and know if he likes to cheat on plays. If he looks even half as bad as David we are in trouble for those two games.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Harper also knows the Colts offense real well (and the WRs) and should be an asset for that reason. He will be able to pick up on tendancies and in some cases warn his teamates what to watch for. Unless he gets burned against the Jags I see no reason to not have him out there when we play the Dolts.

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Looking at Jason David's play - I don't think Manning burned him by knowing his tendencies... he just got burned by losing his man and bad technique. He obviously was uncomfortable playing man coverage and having his back to the QB. That's been one of Griffin's biggest adjustments - to follow his man and know when to turn to play the ball. I haven't noticed Harper struggling with that, and Griffin is improving. At least Griffin hasn't lost his man - he's not timed his move right, but he has had good position so far. David was everywhere except for where he was supposed to be last night.

7. Blazing Arrow

Does not really look that way ...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dK2RVbzOHQ4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dK2RVbzOHQ4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

8. That video is pointless,do you know how many times players burn each other in practice??Means nothing.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar