State of the Titans: Part 1 of 3

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: In a word...TERRIBLE!!!

After drafting our franchise QB of the future and signing some good free agents (Mawae, Givens, Thornton, Hope), the team is on pace to win the SAME number of games as last year...FOUR! If that wasn't bad enough, the Titans are on pace to score fewer points and give up more than last year's squad....and that's with an IMPROVED roster?

That is your first clue that there is a big problem outside of personnel issues.

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001841.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

The big problem was Adams and his desire to get Vince on the field as soon as possible. Do you really expect to win many games with a rookie not ready for the NFL system? I wish we had "righted the ship" with Volek and got back to winning games again, then let Vince take over when he was ready. It seemed to work very well in San Diego. When Volek was sent packing, most on this team knew the season was over. I am not saying Volek is Brady, but he was experienced enough to keep us in games. Now Fisher is faced with a team that knows it has little chance of winning or being competitive for now. It's not easy to get players doing their best when you are in an abyss.

3. Its a real shame the Titans let go of Volek, I remember the Volek! Volek! chants in pre-season whenever KFC took the field...

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

one thing for sure, you won't hear the Collins, Collins:moon2: chants no matter how bad Young is playing :ha:

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I admit the Volek fiasco was enormous but how does that cause our defense to be the worst in the league?

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Our schedule this season is allot more difficult then last season. Look at some of the teams we have played versus the cream of the crop from last season. We are on pace to have the same number of wins (but I still think we can pull out 6) though playing a much tougher schedule.

The sky is not falling chicken little it is just under repair.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

They miss Volek so much they can't concentrate on the game? Well, that's my best guess anyway.....

8. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

:lol2:

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You have to tie it all together. If we are scoring and controlling the clock, the defense looks a great deal better. If we are leading, teams get out of their normal game plans and press. Everything changes. It's just simple math that if a team runs 20 less plays they are going to get less yardage. We only average controlling the ball for 26 minutes a game, compared to giving the other teams 34 minutes. Turn that around and our defense would be mid pack at the very least.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Tough scedule bullcrap..

The combined record of the teams we have played is 34-32 and that is only because of the colts 8-0. Take away the colts and those other 7 teams have a combined record of 26-32. Wow tough and that includes 6 wins against us!!

We have played 8 teams of those 8 only 3 have winning records. 3 out of 8!

Colts-jags-chargers

Why are people still talking about as tough schedule?

The average offensive ranking of the 8 teams we have played is 13.5. Very average and again that is with the benefit of playing us. Colts-chargers and cowboys are top offenses but the other 5 teams we have played are ranked an average of 20th in total offense!

It's not the scedule! We just suck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar