Statement from Mike Munchak

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I read that as Smith being part if the Adams family.

2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

This is true. But you can draft ask the talent in the world, I for isn't being developed and used correctly, it is wasted. That was happening here, in the ol and lb corps in particular.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I know you don't consider "pro-bowl" indicative of talent. Also, scheme is a BIG component of who the public will vote for as well as the number of wins. We'll see what a fresh perspective can do with this roster (minus some of our better talent).

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

How is that (getting beat early) relevant? You're whole argument just collapsed on itself because Foles wasn't the unquestioned starter this year either. Vick was named starter and Foles had to take the job from him due to injuries.

5. TheSureThing

That team had the most pro bowlers in the NFL, maybe the old coach was just that bad..

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Dude, what are you talking about? The Eagles started the season with Vick as the starter because he was the starter before Kelly got there and he was presumed to be a better fit for Chip's system. With Vick at the helm the Eagles were getting smashed and some were already questioning if Kelly's system was to blame due to the high volume of plays he ran and the fact that many saw it as a gimmick. Had Vick stayed the starter chances are the Eagles would have been terrible and Chip would have been laughed at for his "college" system that doesn't work in the NFL.

Luckily for them Vick got hurt which thrust Foles into the starting spot. Foles proceeded to take the league by storm under the exact same system that Chip was already running and seemed poised for failure. The point is that the QB makes the coach not the other way around. Your argument is that the coaching change in Philly is what led to their success, I argue that the emergence of Foles which happened purely by accident and no one saw coming is what ultimately made the difference. If Chip was such a genius why wasn't Foles the unquestioned starter from the get-go? Why did it take the starter getting hurt for him to get his shot? Not sure how my argument "collapsed in on itself" since I've been pretty consistent in my statements but whatever.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Wait. I thought only good coaching produces good players. You saying Pro Bowl (quality) talent makes for a better team?

Thanks for proving my point.

8. TheSureThing

Why is it so hard for you to understand it's both?

Munchak had talent here, and couldn't win. He's a bad head coach, he displayed that by going 3-20 vs winning teams, losing to 0-7, 0-8, and 0-13 teams, his divisional record, and losing winnable games that kept us out of the playoffs (up 17-3 at home vs Cincinnati etc..)

9. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Big Al was THE reason. He and Vanden Bosch wouldn't let QB's breathe that year.

10. TheSureThing

lol. So Munchak gets 3 seasons for people to accept he's a bad coach, and you pegged Chip Kelly in his first 6 games?

It was a new coach with a new system and they started slow. Shocker. Vick's stats were up btw, so once again you're argument has no base. That system had the Eagles breaking franchise records. Not sure why you're trying to discredit Kelly.

The Eagles entire offense played a lot better this year than last year, Lesean McCoy especially.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar