Stats on play calling vs. Vikes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Sep 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

No a single soul will debate that mistake.

However Cutler was partially the issue with that one. He basically made a power play to get the trade so he could go play for his favorite team the Bears. Maybe it was an inside job from the patriots to destroy the Broncos from the inside... But still they did start 6-0 his first season.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I do enjoy how everyone forgets that Denver/McDaniels also chose Demaryous Thomas in the first that year too. 50/50 in the first round ain't all that bad.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Prideful

Prideful Starter

They screwed up 2 quarters???? Really dude i believe it was Mariota that threw the init then had a botched handoff the first fumble and Demarco gave it to them the 2nd fumble.... Love this forum because everyone is either lets blame the plays, no lets blame the coaches. LMAO you guys kill me because from what i saw was a team that should of won the game but never did because of the mistakes the PLAYERS made not the coaches.

#63 Prideful, Sep 17, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  4. Clark

I remember that one well actually because I wanted DT out of Georgia Tech. Knew we wouldn't because we had taken Britt the prior year.

Oh yea he also got Eric Decker in that same draft, round 4?

5. Clark

Yes we lost that game in large part due to the player mistakes, however the int came on a play where we were trying a counterintuitive design and chipping a DE with a slot WR whilst rolling the QB in that direction. Welcome to failure.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Good job

Always know you'll get these guys when I'm not around

7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Mularkey claims he wasn't even supposed to chip the guy - just release.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He was suppose to sell the run and release for the pass

You don't want him tangled up in a block but you also shouldn't be running that 4th grade trickery vs a top flight D. They sniffed that out and murdered us

Coaches should have known better, Vikes were all over those types of plays earlier in the day

9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

How much credit do fans usually give a GM/coach for getting a first round pick right. Usually this is expected.
    I know our expectations have lowered, thanks Webster. But how much criticism do GM get for missing on a first rounder? I'll give credit for decker in the 3rd, doesn't mean I want him.

EDIT: he also traded Marshall away which made the Thomas pick a bit more necessary.

#69 HurrayTitans!, Sep 17, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

That is something you learn how to do. Expect to win and find a way. Our team is young, and has no winning culture. It has to be built.

It is similar to what has been going on in Knoxville the past few years. The process is just faster in college.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar