Stats tell us where to focus this offseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

We were mediocre on both sides of the ball this yr. We were ranked 17th in total offense and 19th in total defense.

Looking inside the numbers further we were ranked 31st in rushing offense and 24th in rushing defense.

This tells me that we have got to get better inside on both sides of the ball.

I think we need to not only improve on the players that we have but also tweek the scheme.

Use FA to fill those holes and use the draft to take impact players.

2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Agreed. I would be for replacing all 3 of the interior O-lineman. I also think we just need 1 more DT to pair with Casey and perhaps another DE for some pass rush and we will be much better.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I would not change too much on either side of the ball. Remember; this was the first season where Williams, Hawkins and Cook had to play sufficient time. Those guys weren't suppose to be counted on. Jones, Morgan, Klug, Casey, and McCarthy were all new to this years scheme.

Replacing Griffin with a real FS and getting a real Center should do it for us. I'd say let Harris & Scott walk, move Amano back to Guard, and draft a center and guard early. Also hire a free agent to compete for an O-Line gig.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Harris has one year left on his deal so he will be here next season. More than likely he will start since Scott is leaving and maybe a rookie or Velasco steps in there.

I do think Amano was underrated at OG and much better there than C so maybe they can find a new C and let Amano, Velasco and Harris fight it out for the two OG spots. Not sure what is available in FA or the draft but if we could find a solid long term answer at C things might improve right away.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There's several routes we could take to fix the O-Line, just depends on who re-signs with their current teams. The draft is where Id go for our next center though.

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The KFFL site has these centers listed as free agents

Todd McClure
    Scott Wells
    Casey Wiegmann
    Dan Koppen
    Nick Hardwick

I'd like to see us bring the local boy Wells back home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar