Stay cool, we are still building...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Johnnyrex, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Johnnyrex

Johnnyrex Special Teams Standout

"People think I am joking when I say this, but from a coaching standpoint, you’re better off not having that good of a first year like Munchak and the Titans did last year when they surprised everyone and went 9-7,” Tucker said. “You are better off going 4-12 and then going 6-10 or 7-9 in year two and showing progress than coming out of the gates fast and appearing to or taking a step back the next year.

“By what happened last year, they raised expectations, and that’s why they’re now dealing with people being so disappointed.”
    • High Five High Five x 2
  2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Somewhat true. With the schedule we had last year we should have ended up 10-6 and made the playoffs. With this year's schedule much more difficult we've been exposed as the sorry ass team that we are. We are who they thought we were.
  3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

We weren't that good last season. Only the blind homers couldn't see that.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

We are who they thought we were!

[​IMG]
  5. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

Whose Tucker?
  6. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

He raises a good point but 9-7 was the reality last year and when you're 4-8 at this point, we have every right to be disappointed. With that said, I don't think anyone denies we're still building.

My expectations for this year weren't that high...they were 8-8 to 9-7 again. I'm disappointed we can't even meet that.
  7. Alzarius

Alzarius Starter

Its going to take a couple years to get this team to where it needs to be to be a contender. Its not going to all be fixed this offseason.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Agreed

I think we have another 3 years at best.
  9. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Lets just hope that we don't end up in a perpetual funk that never seems to end...ie Cleveland, Jags, Raiders...etc.
  10. Riverman

Riverman That may be....

I honestly think Cleveland is about to jump up. They have SEVERAL pieces in place. They have played teams very close to the end this year.