Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Stay cool, we are still building...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Johnnyrex, Dec 6, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Johnnyrex Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $72
    "People think I am joking when I say this, but from a coaching standpoint, you’re better off not having that good of a first year like Munchak and the Titans did last year when they surprised everyone and went 9-7,” Tucker said. “You are better off going 4-12 and then going 6-10 or 7-9 in year two and showing progress than coming out of the gates fast and appearing to or taking a step back the next year.

“By what happened last year, they raised expectations, and that’s why they’re now dealing with people being so disappointed.”
    Scarecrow and Alex1939 high five this.
  2. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,194
    Somewhat true. With the schedule we had last year we should have ended up 10-6 and made the playoffs. With this year's schedule much more difficult we've been exposed as the sorry ass team that we are. We are who they thought we were.
  3. TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

Washington
    Moolah:
    $11,018
    We weren't that good last season. Only the blind homers couldn't see that.
    SlidePiece and Riverman high five this.
  4. Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $8,134
    We are who they thought we were!

[IMG]
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,406
    Whose Tucker?
  5. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,973
    He raises a good point but 9-7 was the reality last year and when you're 4-8 at this point, we have every right to be disappointed. With that said, I don't think anyone denies we're still building.

My expectations for this year weren't that high...they were 8-8 to 9-7 again. I'm disappointed we can't even meet that.
  6. Alzarius Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $23,598
    Its going to take a couple years to get this team to where it needs to be to be a contender. Its not going to all be fixed this offseason.
    Scarecrow high fives this.
  7. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $97
    Agreed

I think we have another 3 years at best.
  8. Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

GoTitans.com
    Moolah:
    $2,794
    Lets just hope that we don't end up in a perpetual funk that never seems to end...ie Cleveland, Jags, Raiders...etc.
  9. Riverman That may be....

Casey
    Moolah:
    $3,626
    I honestly think Cleveland is about to jump up. They have SEVERAL pieces in place. They have played teams very close to the end this year.