Steelers offense against our defense.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The steelers are ranked 24th in offense. 21st in scoring offense a paltry stat considering how great their defense is.

Against teams in the top half in scoring offense they average 17 points a game.

Roethlisberger throws a pick every 34 passes.

Here is the killer that should make every titan fan smile. 47 sacks!

The steelers are a sack machine on defense but have actually given up 3 more sacks than they have made! 47 vs 44!

Now look at us. 38 sacks with only 8 given up and 7 for collins.

That's our key to winning the game!

We played a very potent offense last week. A quality QB, RB, TE and the leagues best WR. Still despite bending a lot we gave up only 13 points.

We need to bend but not break. Keep them from making big plays, take care of the football and don't take sacks.

Ben roethlispansy say hello to misters kearse, ball, ford, brown and jones. You will be seeing those guys all day long from the ground up on your arse!

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How our defense has done against similarly ranked offenses.

20th ranked jags-10 points & 14 points

21st ranked ravens-10 points

24th ranked steelers-?

25th ranked bears-14

26th ranked chiefs-10 points

11.6 points on average. I think we can score 11.6 points.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

those stats don't reflect what a tough opponent the Steelers actually are. Have you got a stat that assures me W.Parker won't run all over us? I think Parker is better than that chump Slaton and look what he did. Twice!

4. jdog

jdog I like beer!

It appears to me that our defense has a hard time adjusting to the short pass and when they fall victim to this they seem to go in disaray and give up ground yardage also.
    This would be one concern. As far as wearing down the Steelers, which has worked on other teams, I don't see it happening.
    I believe they are a 4 quarter team so the Titans do not need to give up the early points and come from behind.
    I think it will be a dog fight to the end.
    Better blocking for Johnson and White.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How did you come to that conclusion? Slaton has 480 more yards and a full yard more per carry. Slaton has 10 more 20+ yard runs than parker.

Parker has been hurt, has not been explosive and alternates with mewelde moore. Slaton on the other hand has averaged 116 yards a game the last 5 weeks. No comparison.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Do those stats reflect that the refs are in the Steelers back pocket in seemingly every big game from the Superbowl to last weeks game vs. Baltimore?

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

the refs will make up for that by being extra kind to us on sunday. :grrhee:

8. After last week's blunders, do you think the officiating crew may attempt to appear a bit more impartial?? Hmmm, no I guess not. One more reason to move to fulltime career officials in the NFL.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

They will give us the breaks in this one and then when we meet them again in the playoffs they will screw us big time.

10. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

With AL and KVB out i'm assuming and hoping that we're going to be blitzing alot more to get pressure on Ben. Obviously those sack numbers reflect not only the weakness of their offensive line but it also shows that Roethlisberger holds on to the rock to long. If we can get to him early and often, i like our chances. On the flip side i am worried about his scrambling ability which i'm sure hes going to try and exploit. The guy knows how to make plays on the run similiar to Garrard, so we're going to have to keep him in the pocket. If we can shut down the run early and knock him around a bit, we win this game....pending our offense does their job

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar