Steelers vs Jaguars

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think the Dolphins will come back to earth. Though they do have the Texans next week (which I wouldn't be surprised if they lose).

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

just got home from the game. a few observations:

women who like the steelers are just plain hot. there was one who was a couple rows in front of us who was wearing a bra you would wear under a strapless top with a terrible towel covering her boobies. she had no problem dancing after she had a few drinks.

lot's of fights in the sections around me. probably three of them needed the cops to break them up.

steelers fans are probably the most obnoxious in the league. the entire time me and my buddy were walking out of the stadium there was a "here we go steelers, here we go" chant.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

well, a Jags win there is no big deal. I don't think they are going to be that much of a threat. Assuming the Titans manage the #1 seed wouldn't we want the Ravens not in the #3 or #6 seed but rather in #4 or #5 seed and preferably out of the #2? In other words, wouldn't a Steelers win benefit the Titans as far as not playing the Ravens again? If the Ravens became a wild card do you really think they would be the sixth seed? :nono: I think the Ravens will win the North but I will actually be rooting for Pittsburgh to wrestle the third seed from the AFCW. In my scenario I have Buffalo in the #2 and the AFCW winner in #4.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't think the Ravens make it if they don't win the North.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

then "go steelers" right?

i mean, I don't think we need the Steelers to help the Titans with Jacksonville.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Steelers winning separates us from the Ravens and the Jaguars so it's a double win in a sense.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

but separation from Jacksonville is moot. I feel they will just self destruct anyways. If the Steelers can maintain 1st place it's more of a quality win against playing Baltimore.

Tennessee
    Buffalo
    AFCW Winner
    Baltimore
    w/c
    w/c

is better than

Tennessee
    Buffalo
    Baltimore
    AFCW Winner
    w/c
    w/c

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Jets
    Steelers
    Titans
    Broncos
    w/c Bills
    w/c Colts

I think our toughest games are the Packers,Jets,BearsSteelers & Colts wk17.

I see the Jets & Colts really improving as the season progresses. Favre is still learning the system & his best targets & I never write off the Colts.

9. T Atlas

T Atlas Guest

But Jets claim home field throughout with the bye? I don't believe it.

After watching the game, the Jags defense was really exposed. Horrible pass rush, even though they did get some against the worse Steeler o-line. The defense is really poor against both the run and the pass though, I don't see how we (I) thought they had a good d last year. It looks terrible now. That pick 6 by Mathis was a gift from Ben. Kinda like Finny's int.

The O is better, I suppose. But if they can't run they really can't sustain drives. They can convert a few third downs throwing to Matt Jones, Walker, and short passes to Jones-Drew and Freddy. They run out of gas though, sooner or later failing to convert a needed fourth down.

Their defense really looked horrible though. Their team just didn't play well. The score felt more like 40-7 Steelers, unlike 25-21.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think he was just listing the top teams from East, North, South, West as they are shown in the standings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar