Steelers will listen to offers for Roethlisberger

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TylerTitan1281, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Ahhh, I'm in trouble now!

[​IMG]

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Cleveland would be the good fit. Ohio also doesn't require motorcycle helmets.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Nothing else is coming down the pipe, at least not regarding this particular incident and the "dragging" thing. They already announced that they won't pursue charges for this incident. That's the end of it, sadly, even though it seems pretty clear that his actions were way out of line.

There is evidence coming out that he's done this kind of stuff other times, though, so the Steelers may know that he's not in the clear yet and may be trying to move him because of that.

The league can't really suspend Ben because he wasn't arrested or charged with anything, but they convinced the Steelers to suspend him instead. He'll probably miss a game or two at the start of the season.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Big Ben would be a solid pickup for any team, that needs a QB. Im not a Big Ben fan, but some teams could really use him. I mean he's a 28year old super bowl champion QB. Although, he has 2 sexual conflicts (that we know of) and other inncidents.I can think of 4 teams that could take a risk for Big Ben.

#1 - St. Louis Rams
    #2 - Oakland Raiders
    #3 - Cleveland Browns
    #4 - San Fran 49ers

Reasoning:
    - The Rams need a QB. If they got Big Ben, they would draft Suh (probably).
    - The Raiders always make stupid trades.
    - The Browns need a QB, I don't think the Steelers would trade him to a rival, like the Eagles did with McNabb
    - The 49ers are my sleeper team. They are a QB away from being a solid team. A good defense, solid RB. Crabtree and Vernon Davis. I could see them taking Clausen though. The 49ers also have a strong headcoach that wouldn't take any crap from Big Ben. Also the 49ers are in a very week division (Seahawks, Rams, and Cards).

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

No team is going to want this pile of horse crap. Sure he is a good QB but he is a scum bag and IMO is going to be very controversial for any team to pick up. This guy has crapped in his corn flakes and I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers simply cut the guy unless he really shows some repentance or something. IMO his career in Pitt is over and the FO is trying to figure out a contingency plan. He will get suspended anyway and could get 8 games or more. IMO.

6. joelmunroe

joelmunroe Camp Fodder

Ok, if this guy can't get legit play on his own being a superbowl champ NFL QB, imagine the legal troubles he will be in when he's in the real world flipping burgers haha.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Amazing how quickly things can turn. The statements released by the D.A. are pretty upsetting.

I guess it's nice to have another legit reasons to hate the Steelers, but man, what a terrible person.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

My money is on Ben being dealt some time between today and Monday. Just a hunch.

9. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

What is their reasoning?

As for Bradshaw, in his early years with the Steelers, Pittsburgh fans boo'd him to the point where he wanted to leave. It was an unknown black QB by the name of Joe Gillium (may have spelled that wrong) that got them set up for their first Super Bowl. Then Bradshaw stepped back into the picture and took them to the Lombardi.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't see him actually getting traded. If he did, it would be pretty amazing, mostly because it would mean a team gave up a massive package for a QB with pretty huge PR issues.

I could see it if it's the Rams giving up Bradford, but otherwise, it's hard to see a deal going down. I think the Steelers have been quiet purposefully to teach Ben a lesson, and they'll work out a deal between them and the league where he'll be suspended for several games, but he'll stay in town.

We'll see though. The main amazing thing is that it's actually up for debate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar