Steinbach with the Browns

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sledge, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Man, why isn't Joey Porter being snatched up?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

because he's an *******?

3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Was he one of the guys that failed the physicals? Bongo said something about several guys (including Stokely) failing physicals.

4. Delaware Titan

Delaware Titan Camp Fodder

Once again people are overreacting to us not spending money. I believe last year we waited a week or two and ended up with the best free agent class of last year. In my opinion what we are doing right now is smart, not jumping the gun and overpaying for good players. Damn Clements is now the highest paid defensive player in NFL history, as reported by NFL Network. I personally do not think he is even in the top 5 at his position let alone, to be the highest paid player out there. Why spend money just to spend it, of course he could of helped us, but then we wouldnt have been able to sign anybody else. I would much rather see us be able to sign 3 or 4 good players at various positions than blowing all or our cap room on 1 player. Oh wait we did that last year and I think it worked out pretty good.

5. maximus

maximus Starter

Steinbach would have been nice to have but he would have been unneeded. Our OL is good(assuming no major injuries)

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Woah, calm down, he's missed time these past few years

7. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Didn't stop us from drafting Pac did it? Didn't stop Romanowski from playing 5 years did it? Unless he's being an *****wipe to his teammates, has nothing to do with it.

8. Sledge

Sledge Guest

You're right, but as fans, overreacting has to be expected. I know I overreact a lot and some might think I'm an idiot for that but it's who I am. Maybe I'm too passionate about this team I have no idea. But now that my head has cleared, I realize many things. Clements would've been nice, but he's close to 30 and his play dipped a little last year. Maybe it's cuz he wanted out of Buffalo I don't know. Eighty M is waaaaay too much for anybody. If that was the price to keep Young around I'd probably tell him it was nice to know him... About Thomas, he's a tweener, and do we want to spend all that $$$ on a tweener? He woulda been nice, but we'll have to fill the DE spot in the first round (I hope). I woulda liked to have seen Lewis, but he doesn't bother me. One guy I'd like is Grant because, although he's not a big hitter, he excels in coverage and that's what we need back there. We should be going after Nick Harper. I would've liked Steinbach but I agree he's not a necessity. Now, can we make an effort to get a WR (trade for Jackson) or DE? If we signed Kerney we could go WR in the first round. Or sign Stallworth, but I don't trust his hammy.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

what does Romo have to do with it?

And here is another reason, we don't need Porter, unless you plan on replacing Bulluck or Thornton.

10. He has had 1 major injury and that's it... :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar