Stephen Paea needs to be the pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by chamgel2, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

You do realize Paea is a pass rusher before a run stopper right? He is known for collapsing the pocket causing the QBs to flush out. Dareus is the same way. I do agree with you about Akeem Ayers though, that kid can play. Right now most mocks have him going in the middle of round 1.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Have you ever watched Tony Brown he is hardly a run stuffing DT.

3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I take back what I said, you've made me a believer, this dude is a pass rushing beast. I want him to be our pick now, especially if Wash is retained. I don't think I've see an interior pass rusher that strong inside, holy crap. I have a feeling he may go before 8 after watching some of his vids, you know this dude is gonna blow up the combine which will greatly improve his draft stock. Dude put up 225, 44 times!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky_zxdQ75Lw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laPi34hC6UU

4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Oh hello Mr. Paea you just went near the top of the wish list

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Even though he doesn't have the natural talent of Hanyeswoth I think Paea will have a better career due to three facts:

1. Work Ethic - I have never seen Paea give up on a play in all my years watching college football. Any video you see of Paea you will see turn up field and attack the football once the ball carrier passes the line. Plus, you have to drool over the thought of what Washburn can do with a 300+ pound dude with his kinda of motor.

2. Technique - Paea rushes low and uses his natural leverage to push the pocket and penetrate. He also has the best use of hands I have ever seen from a DT. Paea WILL attempt to strip the ball at every opportunity he gets.

3. Physical Fitness - Paea is 311 lbs and I am willing to bet the 90% of that weight is muscle. Unlike Hanyesworth we will not have to worry about Paea getting injured every play and running out of steam during a long drive.

I think Paea should go number 8 overall. He is a physical monster and his presence will give this D something it has been missing since Haynesworth left.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Love it! Agree with you 100%. This dude is all heart, Fat Al is all ego. Now all we have to do is convince MR and Fish :(.

9. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Great breakdown......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar