Stephen Tulloch

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Jan 3, 2011.

?
  1. Yes

58 vote(s)
    77.3%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    22.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Stephen is a free agent now. Tulloch finished with 159 tackles (2nd in the NFL) this year. He's a great tackler, horrible in coverage though.

What do you guys think.. should we or should we not resign Tully?

2. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Yes, but not for big money. His coverage skills were a part of the defense problem.....especially covering TE's.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

We won't ever have a good defense as long as hes here playing every down. He will ask for big money and we shouldn't give it to him. He's one of my favorite players but it's not what's best for the team.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Just look at who his agent is...

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I agree with Chapparal.

Number of tackles doesn't necessarily mean greatness, but it shows he's solid enough to stay... just not for big money. I doubt we'd be able to find/afford anyone better.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He's the only LB on the team that we know will play well next season. I wouldn't sign him for big money but if the price is right then yes. I don't see Witherspoon having another good year and not sold on McRath yet even though he seems to be capable of holding down his spot.

7. TJFish

TJFish The Arkansan

Nope. We need Linebackers that will stop the pass, not just the run.

8. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

He's a great run stopper and can stick a tackle with the best of them, but his coverage skills are nearly non-existant and he's simply too small to be effective when he IS properly covering.

I'd say let him walk and look for a young gun FA with prototypical size or a guy in the draft.

Not worth any big money.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He's a two-down linebacker, always has been and always will be. It's not his fault he was forced on to the field in nickel and dime because we didn't have anyone else to cover.

The problem is we essentially have two MLBs on the field in our starting lineup. McRath is a converted college MLB and was the first off the field because he's limited in coverage as well. I don't think he played more than ten defensive snaps against the Colts the last week because they played so much 3-wide sets.

10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

As somebody in here said in an earlier thread: he has the heart of a lion but the body of a sheep, and all those holes in the middle of the field were his coverage issues. Need to rebuild the whole linebacking corp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar