Stephon Gilmore

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by acqua7, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

Anybody got anything on this kid? Don Banks mocked him to go to us in his latest mock draft and i've seen his name popping up as well?

What do you guys think of this possibly being our pick?

The Titans are hopeful the free agent signing of ex-Raiders outside linebacker Kamerion Wimbley, who will play a 4-3 end slot in Tennessee, addresses some of their pass rush deficiences. While another pass rusher like USC defensive end Nick Perry is a possibility, as is Michigan State defensive tackle Jerel Worthy, Gilmore is a big and aggressive cornerback who excels in press coverage and would help offset the loss of Cortland Finnegan via free agency.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I don't even know what I would do if we draft him. Although he has a knack for knowing where the ball is, I've never seen him do anything that Woolfolk didn't do in college. Not impressed in the slightest.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He's definitely a player that the Titans would draft. He does fill in a need and he does have a 1st round grade. He's not the exciting pick/player like Claiborne, Kirk, or Jenkins but he is a very good CB.

4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

The Titans have shown a knack for taking mid to late round CBs and turning them into starters. Especially of late. I can’t see us going CB in the first 3 rounds at least, unless they think he can play safety.

As far as Gilmore goes he’s very unimpressive to me. I wouldn’t even take him in the second round. The only reason people will mock a CB to us in the 1st is simply because they know we lost Cortland. They don’t realize we have 2 CBs with starting experience (McCourtey and Verner) and have 2 other young DBs with potential waiting in the wings (Hawkins and Campbell).

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't want Gilmore in the 1st because the only way I go CB in the 1st is if Kirk or Jenkins fell to us. We have 2 CB's with experience but we did just lose, arguably, a top 10 CB. We're replacing him with our #2 and the guy that lost the battle to start. They're capable but by no means are we set at that position. I would be a lot more comfortable going DL in the 1st but I've always been a fan of BPA, except last year when I wanted Locker.

6. wg53

wg53 Starter

Kirkpatrick is highly overrated.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

Gilmore is a solid cornerback. The CBs are deep and talented this year. I would rather get a guy like Casey heyward later, say the 3rd or even 4th round. Draft BPA first 2 rounds.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We have Jason McCourty, end of story.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If we pair our sticky CB's with some hustling DE's, we have 2 Pro Bowl worthy CB's.

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

That's saying an awful lot don't you think? I like McCourty, and I really like Verner but I don't know I think you're selling them a bit high right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar