Steve and Bus cook Had This Planned for 2 years

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by flamehead2, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Steve and Bus cook Had This Planned for 2 years

All i ask before you start flaming me is to seriously consider this Post. Think with your head instead of your heart and you will begin to see what really happened.

Fact: 2 years ago near the begining of the season, Steve says he's thinking about retiring
    Fact: Steve coming off an MVP season underperforms for the next 2 years
    Fact: As soon as the probowl ended Bus cook began saying he expected the Titans to Honor Steve's current contract and refused to discuss a renegotiation
    Fact: Yesterday and today at the Ravens press conference Steve Justified his going to Baltimore by saying he wanted to win a superbowl.

Here's what actually happened.
    2 Years ago Steve had the realization that the Titans were in a rebuilding process. He realized that the Titans would not be able to make a realistic Superbowl run before his retirement. This thinking began to consume him and he thought "Why should I hang around for a couple of losing seasons? I might as well just go ahead and retire"
    This is when he said publicly that he was thinking about retiring
    After he made that public statement, His agent bus cook saw an opportunity.
    He approached steve and asked him why he wanted to retire. He probably filled his head with the usual agent crap about how great he was and that he still could win a superbowl if he kept playing. Steve probably told him that's all that really matters that he wants to win a superbolw before he retires. That was when Bus Cook sprang his idea on Steve.

Steve You got that contract thing coming up in 2 years and we can get you out of Tennessee and get you on a team where you have a shot to win a Superbowl. Now if you notice around this time in my timeline is when Steve seems to have lost some of the fire in his game. He was no longer hitting his recievers, or getting away from pass rushers like days gone by. As a matter of fact he stopped playing through the pain/hurt. He would take himself out of games or miss games for injuries that he would have played through in years past. Now I'm in no way saying he did this stuff intentionally. What I am saying is: if his agent did propose something like this to him and we was thinking about leaving in 2 years and he knew he couldn't really have a chance at going to the superbowl HIS HEART JUST WOULDN'T BE IN IT. And if his heart wasn't in it he would have had 2 years JUST LIKE THE LAST TWO!
    THINK ABOUT IT

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

This one is going to be legendary.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

stranger things have happened

4. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

If you look at the way things have unfolded for the last two years this theory makes a lot of sense

5. no way...

The whole purpose of Mac's $50M bonus was to force the Titans to make some kind of decision (cut him or extend him). They had that planned out when the signed that deal right after his MVP season (during the 2004 offseason), before he said he could retire. Of course, Bus never had any reason to think the Titans could string it out long enough to make a trade instead of just cutting him...

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I really doubt Steve would have planned this for two years. If he wanted to leave he could told them he wanted to leave. Sit out, hold out whatever.

entertaining none the less.

7. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Hmmm....after much thought I think Bus Cook was the lone gunman. But, I will admit that if a magic bullet turns up I could be mistaken.

However, that "LP FIELD" thing could be code for "grassy knoll"

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Americans and their conspiracy theories.

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Never say never.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar