Steve McNair arrested for DUI

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Titanium, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Steve was arrested near Hillsboro Village over night for DUI

He wasn't even driving!

The driver was arrested for DUI and they were in Steve's truck. Apparently, if it's your vehicle and you're intoxicated you can be arrested for DUI even if you're not driving. I think that's totally bogus!

Have you ever handed over your keys to your friend and ask that they drive you home because you've had too much? I thought that's what you're supposed to do? I guess the key here is that he handed his keys over to a friend that was intoxicated, which doesn't make much sense and would probably explain why they're holding Steve accountable as well.

Steve's going to get to the point where he's not going to want to be in Nashville and I can't say that I blame him much.

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Is it bad that I kinda laughed a little when I seen the name of the thread?

Its not funny but idk.

Is this something that could turn into a suspension? This would be his 2nd time.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

That's the law. Steve should know better since the mandatory sentence he received last time he was charged and convicted of dui included an all day dui class. It's not bogus though. What's sad is that a multi-millionaire doesn't have cab fare. That's bogus imo. Stupid move by a guy who knows better.

4. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

McNair arrested for DUI again?

I just heard that Steve McNair was arrested in Nashville again for DUI/ refusing to take a breathalyser test. Anyone else heard anything about this? One word: suspension. He's got to get at least 2 games for a repeat offense.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

6. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I was thinking that the charges against Steve with his last DUI were dropped? I could be wrong though.

Steve's biggest mistake was letting a friend drive who was intoxicated. The news just reported that Steve didn't even need to be intoxicated to be held accountable. The friend that was making comments to the news media said that Steve wasn't drunk nor the driver. I'm sure the police had probably cause for pulling them over.

Still think it's bogus that you can be charged with DUI "owner" if you aren't even driving.

Not that I would ever do anything like that :guzzle:

heh heh

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

They may have been dropped... I might be wrong about that... but getting another drunk to drive one's car doesn't make one innocent. Anyone else would be charged the same way. It's the law and has been for some time.

Cab fare. That's where it's at.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Technically, if you are a licensed driver, you are responsible for another driver's actions if you are in the car. Many moons ago, I got a ticket for "Reckless Driving" along with the guy in the back seat, because the driver lit up the tires at a stoplight. The cop informed us we should have reached over and turned the key off. It was later dismissed, but it is the law.

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

well said :beer2:

suspend McNair also....It really gets old that anyone who is rich and famous can get off for everything they do wrong. It is time those folks are held accountable for their actions...like Paris Hilton :ha:

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

But her publicist didn't tell her she couldn't drive. :clown:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar