Steve McNair arrested for DUI

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Titanium, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

The reason Steve got the ticket as well is because the driver refused to take a breathalyzer test. Once that happens, the police officer can ticket everyone in the vehicle. The driver was his brother-in-law, by the way.

It will be up to Goodell as to whether or not he gets suspended. The law is such in TN, but I don't know how many other states. I don't think Goodell will do anything since he wasn't actually driving, and in another state, Steve wouldn't have been charged at all. Of course, Goodell may dislike any Titans or former Titans, so you never know.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

One time I got pulled over for speeding on I-65. Traffic was crowded and after I got the ticket, I accelerated to merge. The road apron had some gravel on it and my tires spun- I let off the gas to stop it. The trooper pulled me back over 2 miles down the road and started giving me some "Barney Fife" routine about how he could have my license pulled for reckless endangerment etc. Honestly- I wasn't peeling out or anything like that- it just happened at the wrong time and I stopped accelerating immediately.

My point is- the cops can pretty much ring you up for anything they want based on how they write the report. There are some good cops and some bad cops and some that are just mentally pathologic.

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Our puritanical view of alcohol in the legal system makes for some awfully strange laws.

The onus is on the citizen now to determine blood alcohol content? And on a drunk citizen at that? Just because they own the car? Please.

Of course, the rebuttal to this is "well, he shouldn't have been out drinking in the first place." Make it illegal then.

Kind of like those "bring your own" places that don't have a liquor license. You can buy your own liquor, but they can't serve it to you, but you can't have it open in your car, which means you have to drink the entire bottle at the establishment, then it is illegal for you to drive home. :ha: :ha:

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Sounds like the Odell Thurman deal.. I think Chris Henry and another player were in the car and all of them were drunk and all got punished.. I'll hafta look it up..

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Awesome, more weaponry for Pacman's arsenal. Suspend McNair!

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

this makes mcnair a repeat offender, which means he should get a year.

7. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

This is totally assanine. Doesn't this negate the "friends don't let friends drive drunk"? I know some guys who let their girlfriends, wives and friends drive so that their name won't be in the media if there is a stop. So much for that option.

Bipolar, millionaires don't call cans because they don't want to leave their expensive cars in some parking lot overnight. I know a few women who have been called to come pick up her guy and his car from downtown at 4 in the morning.

This is dumb and all drinkers should stand up as best they can, and fight this law!

And what you said, according to Shah Fidel Goodell's manifesto, Steve should be facing some suspension time.

8. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

:ha: good one elfie

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

no it isn't a dumb law. Hopefully you or a family member won't be in an accident where the other person was drinking.

If the players are so worried about leaving there cars in a parking lot maybe they shouldn't hang out in places where they have to worry about it. If they are that concerned maybe they should take a taxi or a limo to the place instead of driving

So the gf/wives/mistress's should leave their car at the parking lot instead so it gets broken into...yeah smart

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

It should be, "Friends don't let drunk friends drive their car".
    and "Drunks don't drive their friends car drunk",

If you drive your car drunk, or let someone drunk drive your car, it's illegal, and should be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar