Steve McNair can kiss my butt.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]
    :homer2:
    That just had to be said.
    :homer:

2. Sledge

Sledge Guest

can't wait til airhead and his timeout-wasting play calling goes to baltimore. thanks for the memories

3. This thread is just sad, just like the people who claim they are going to boo him. Everything Steve McNair has done for us over the last 7 years and some people just don't care. He isn't holding out for more money. He wants a new contract, but he was going to play out his current contract if that's what it came down to. The Titans are the ones locking him out.

Pathetic... :sad2:

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Ouch. How quickly we forget.

Attached Files:

5. Sledge

Sledge Guest

what's pathetic is his agent not wanting to quickly reneg on his 23$ cap value. and mcnair not telling him to get it done. i don't live in the past. i love mcnair, but time to move on

6. He can't renegotiate. He has a 1 year contract.

And the reason he has a $23M cap hit this year is because he has renegotiated all those years in the past to help the team, which kept pushing cap value forward into the future. Well, the future is now...

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

This has been my thought on the matter; yet, when I mention it, suddenly the story changes to make Steve look like a worthless, overpriced has-been jerk. Which is the truth?

[​IMG]

Wimpy Reese says "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today..."

8. I'm not suggesting we should keep him for $10M this year. At this point, we're better off trading him. And it's sad to say that, but that's what's best for the Titans in the long run.

But that's a completely different issue as to whether we should hold it against McNair. He isn't demanding a raise, a trade, or his release. He isn't holding out. He has a contract that the Titans agreed to a few years ago, and thus far McNair hasn't done anything but live up to it.

And I don't blame the Titans for not giving him a new contract either, though they should have handled the lockout better. This is simply the ugly side of the business that is the NFL...

9. MacNine

MacNine Starter

I really don't understand the fans' reaction to this situation.

If your boss came to you and said, we want you to take a paycut this year and will fire you next year. What would you do?

Furthermore, if you have another company offering the same or more money and a guaranteed job for two years. What would you do?

You guys are priceless!!
    :sad2:

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This may be the most pathetic thread I've seen in this forum.

How can anyone blame McNair for wanting to start another few seasons? How can anyone blame McNair for a cap number he didn't create?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar