Steve McNair can kiss my butt.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

The key word here is IMO. Because IMO and a lot of other folk's Opinions Mcnair too is DONE' I love the guy i truly do and i thank him for his past miracles, but i just did not see ANYTHING from him last year and very little from him the year before. Then you add in his age and lack of practices plus past injuries and I just don't see any way he improves after those last too seasons.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Mr. E and GoTitans as well. That guy was the epitomy of hater.

3. kooldak

kooldak Guest

Interesting thread. Just a few points all in one place (some have admitedly been made already in this thread)

1. Your CAP hit will be $13M even if you lose McNair.

2. IMHO, players do not deserve special consideration if they have restructured their contract. Players like McNair never lose money when they do this. They do it because they get something out of it, usually guaranteed money, & sometimes a raise as well. The way a restructure usually works is that the team offers the player a portion of his salary in guaranteed/bonus money. He wins because he knows that this portion is now his, no matter what and the team wins because it can pro-rate the restructure over more years, minimizing the CAP hit today. But the downside is that the team must pay the piper eventually. That is what the CAP hit is, the bookkeeping debt (it is not real dollars) coming due.

3. What is McNair worth to the Titans? This is the real question. Obviously the team thinks that $10M is too much. If they can't come to terms on a dollar figure that the team thinks is right, McNair will have to be traded or released. That is the bottom line.

4. If you lose McNair, then what? You now have Volek who has some injury issues and Young who is a couple of years away from being a viable starter. It seems to me that this creates the need for another solid veteran BU QB, but there aren't many of those left on the market.

JMO.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Titans need to sit tight and see how the McMVP situation plays out.

But under no circumstances do the Titans need some washed up has been who is unfamiliar with the system. I for one would rather have Mauck ro VY than Collins, Blake, or whatever other bum might be available.

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

We should see if O’Donnell wants to come back?

Then when Bironas get injured on some freak play trying to tackle someone we can pull Mort back and they can chat about the time before electricity and how they use to be able to get a hamburger for a $.05

6. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

:ha: Oh man... that was cold, dog. However, we do have a history of pulling retired players back in. The funny thing is, they usually wind up winning some key games for us. I do think that Volek can start for us and be successful until VY gets up to speed with the pros. As long as we have a great Oline, Volek can have a better passer rating than McNair had last season. Couple that with our new and improved running game (young powerback) and improved defense. I think the Titans can do well without McNair, if it comes to that. That's MO only, though.

7. ilincoln

ilincoln Camp Fodder

Why dont you rip on earl and moon as well

yes, pathetic - luv-ya-blu is gone.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Why dont you rip on earl and moon as well?

You talking to me? If you think that is what I am doing then you are dense. I'm willing to bet you didn't read hardly any of this thread...

You are the "official hater" are you not? I remember that being under your avi at one time... If you are going to call me out, then have the cajones to direct it squarely at me.

I'm upset McNair is going because I think the Titans would be better for having him. Do you have a problem with that or are you just going to stick with the drive by? It's an ugly situation and everyone has to struggle betwen rosy thoughts for McNair and the reality that exists. Don't you dare take a chip at my character because I can post something that can make NO SENSE in smack and have it dragged into the NFL talk forum... to be enetertained as real noteworthy crap. It's no reflection of me. It's the situation at hand... At least I've got my own way of dealing with.

9. ilincoln

ilincoln Camp Fodder

Ya im the "official hater" ok so its squared at you (whatever) take your pills and pipe down.... i dont drive by the hood or anywhere else trolling for fights.... I will take a shot at anyones character i want, or should I be scared that you might respond? get over your self importance... its a message forum, try taking a walk or breathing air... I dont like the posts ripping on one of our best players ever... how does that have anything to do with you, well lets see cuz you lose your mind when someone doesnt ride your jock like a carney ride on saturday night... ya you have got plenty to deal with alright, start with the message board bravado and work towards getting a script for everyting else.... ohh and i just got done reading this thread and you make alot of good points.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

like what? :suspect:

btw- This is a homeristic emotional bs topic.
    If you were here more you would know my blood is two-tone blue.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar