Steve McNair can kiss my butt.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

I can't believe you even started a thread like this. I had more respect for you than this. I don't post everyday but I read all the posts everyday and thought a bit better of you SEC than to start something like this. Yes, it's time for him to move on but there's no sense in making into something uglier than the Titans FO already has. He's done alot for this team over the years and I respect him for that. No, hes not worth what he's supposed to be paid this year, either here or somewhere else, but if he can get it somewhere else all the more to him. There is no loyalty anymore in the NFL either from players towards the team or visa versa. A contract in the NFL isn't worth the paper it is written on anymore but there is no reason to hold it against the players if they can get more somewere else.

2. aloving77

aloving77 Camp Fodder

Wow, I'm pretty disapointed with this thread too. I think that neither McNair nor the Titans are completely right in this situation, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop supporting either party. Another point is that McNair still gives us the best chance of winning next season. Call me what you will, but I'm still hoping that it all gets worked out and McNair is with us next year.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

One way or another we all have to deal with is coming to pass. I'll be angry and bitter and have a fit of homer rage. As I posted this picture in Smack Central... talk grew out of it. I'm just saying I won't be buying a new McNair jersey. It's all a foul deal all the way around. Homer doesn't like it. Homer mad. I think this was all in Bus Cook's master plan.:evil:

Reese is no saint. It's ugly and it smells.
    like somethings rotten in Denmark.

Who can kiss your butt? Bud Adams? Swartz?:ha:

Why do we have to go through a dang NFLPA hearing?:sad2:

kiss my butt steve.

Why do we have to go through a dang NFLPA hearing?:sad2:

4. Yes, this was started in smack central. But there's no smack in it and it's a McNair thread.

I moved it here to get some attention to the fact that people are making McNair out to be the villian and he doesn't deserve it.

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I want McNair to leave, but not because I don't like him. I hope he makes a ton of money and he has a lot of success; I just think it's time to part ways. Like I said in another thread, I boo teams, not players.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

How can anyone be happy that McNair will not be a Titan?
    How can someone not cope?
    Torn is hope and I know his "agent" has the fix on this.

Oh...that's his agent.

Somehow, something could get done that would turn into a huge long term deal as a back up. A deal that would have both Vince and Steve in competion for the starting job. You know McNair would need spot backup over one or two years... if there was enough time written into the contract, Steve and Reese both could win. Steve would just have to accept that if he's hurt bad he might lose out on his starts until he wins the job if it goes that way. He could start solid for the entire season and start some more and we have Vince on the bench. Steve has just got to be okay with being there while we make a push with Young. Future years long after the Ratbirds would have though with him.

This is what I want to happen. That's almost a guarentee on 2 years of future starts plus he gets to draw a paycheck and dresses for every Titans game for the next six years.

K.M.B.S.M:kiss:
    I hear Boller has got that competitive spirit.

7. MacNine

MacNine Starter

IF you don't understand this simple logic/principle, why are you even chiming in on this situation? No wonder you can 't understand this is more than greed or being a selfish jerk.

Just for you. If you work at Burger King and they want you to take a paycut and next summer they are going to fire you! Would you stay around or look for another job?

Also, if McDonalds is willing to give you a raise and guarantee you can work the cash register in 2 years. Would you stay at Burger King?

At the end of the day, even though you can multiply their salaries 1000 times ours, this is a common issue between employers and employees.

8. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

No. The "principle" changes when you are talking about a job that normally lasts for 10 years or less and pays an 8 figure+ salary every year compared to a real world, evryday, average job that hopefully lasts 20= years and pays an 5 figure salary every year like most people have. I have seen comparisons like that before......it is impossible to compare the two.

Again......he had many, many offers for endorsements to make more money over the years and chose not to. Good for him. I don't think it ALL about the money. He wants to play more....start longer....welcome to the world of Eddie George.

Not that I agree completely with this thread, but if he truly wants to stay and retire a Titan.....he can. That is his call.
    If he really wants to go to th RAVENS (barf)......thanks for the memories, don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

:applause::applause::applause:
    I think he could play as long as he is healthy.
    :applause:
    K.M.B.S.M.

10. He wants to play football, and not just for 1 year. The Titans have made it clear that he won't be around longterm.

So I don't blame Steve if he looks elsewhere (granted, him wearing a Ravens uni will make my stomach turn). But again, he hasn't ever said anything about refusing to play here under his current contract. It has only been the Titans who refuse to let that happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar