Steve Mcnair..then and now..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

that is some halarious stuff though :ha:

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny...

I would respond to your childish tirade if i had any idea what the hell you are talking about. Your attempts to call me a homo are lame and i'll never apologize for having a positive outlook regarding my team.

As far as having my head in the 60s you proably hold a world view that is more 60s than i do. Problem is i doubt if you even know what that is.

I would be interested to know your opinion about mcnair though. It's funny that your such a mcnair fan so when i start a thread suggesting that he still can play you and your pals get pissed.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Thanks jeff...

You have proven that when the titans lose and play like crap rolltide doesn't like it. Not sure what it has to do with the subject but i'm sure you will enlighten me.

Judging by your reponse i can assume that you disagree with my premise then?

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Hey carpy...

Better throw some ice cold fosters on gunny there. The guy is losing it and i'm a little worried about the kid.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Warren moon...

There is a moon-mcnair thread that compares the two players. Seems appropriate for this board. Moon mad a pro bowl at age 41. He had over 30 touchdowns that season. Mcnair is 8 years younger than that.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Warren Moon and Steve McNair are two TOTALLY different QBs. Warren Moon could hit you between the eyes from 45 yards away, Steve McNair couldn't HIT YOU from 45 yards away.

7. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Just because I hope we draft Matt Leinart, that doesn't mean McNair and the new-look Titans can't win 10 games next year and make a run at the playoffs. Sorry, but McNair is too banged up, and injury prone, to commit 2/3 more years to. Especially when you have the #3 pick in the draft in a year with three potential franchise QB's.

BTW: Who's Kenny Chesney?

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I can't speak for Jeff, but it would seem he's trying to point out that you're aggressively attacking the fans who point out beforehand that the team probably isn't looking too hot, yet you're the first to burn the team at the stake when it does indeed go bad.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

All the personal attacks aside, I think RT makes some good points regarding McNair. His numbers are really not that different during his career, but presently many are ready to hang him out to dry. He appeared to suck last year because the entire team sucked. And yes, age and injury has caught up with his ability to "tuck and run" and make something happen on his own. It appears many have forgotten how many plays he made to keep drives alive in his MVP year. It was his threat to tuck and run that kept safeties up and opened up seams for McCareins and D-mase. It matched Heimerdinger's vertical philosophy.

I think there is great value left in Mcnair to the Titans. He must re-negotiate because he is NOT worth 23 million. He is suffering from Eddie-itis if he believes otherwise. Contrary to popular opinion, I'm certain he has 2-3 good years left in him as a B+ QB. And he is certainly better than Volek.

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Numbers shmumbers....No one has ever cared about numbers when it came to McNair, it's about his ability to win games and put the team on his back, he can't do that anymore and instead makes the big mistake instead of the big play to pull us close at the end. All the fumbles and interceptions are killing us.

If we cared about numbers, we would all love Peyton Manning, but he can't win the big game, well lately Steve can't win A game, and his injury history is putting the franchise in a bind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar