Steve Young just said titans will not go deep

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by flamehead2, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Well, history really shows that he is right about this . . . Baltimore's run to the super bowl, our run in 99, the bears run 2 years ago, the steelers before that . . . yeah teams with strong defenses and average offenses just don't make run's at the super bowl.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

Oh, to be mormon and gay! Someone upstairs must really hate him!:ha:

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Don't worry steve young will change his mind at least 3X by playoff time.

He also said that vince young was the 5th best QB in the league once. I wonder if he is staying put on that one.

It's fair to doubt our offense against top defensive teams in the post season but right now there are no powerhouse teams that are dominant on both sides of the ball. The best defenses also have issues on offense. If we play baltimore they will have a rookie QB. If we play the pats it will be without brady. If we play the bills it will be with the legendary trent edwards.

Perhaps the most complete team is the chargers but we know we can play with them and beat them.

4. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Remember, Steve Young suffered a lot of head trauma during his playing days.

5. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

NFL primetime (dilfer and hoge) said we were a front runner to win the superbowl. Can;t worry about what those guys say, they never know what they're talkin about anyway. 4-0 feels great and I too, prefer under the radar. Go Titans

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

before I join bashing the ******* with the other posters here, i'd like to wait until Sunday 4pm.

That would be a great test for our offense.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think he is correct about the offense not being a shootout offense. We only score about 20 points a game on offense. But, I think he is wrong about his conclusions. A good defense eliminates the needs for a shootout. We proved that when we played the Patriots 17-14 and the Rams 23-16. We lost both games, but we could have won both too. And we won many games with a handful of points that I won't bother to point out. If we play a shootout offense, our 20 points will be enough to be in the game, and possibly win it.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Wait, his analysis qualified as thinking?

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Rather be on the radar?, Ya New England said they didnt mind having a target on their back last year either

10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Steve Young is right. We need a explosive offense like the 2000 Ravens. An unstoppable QB like Trent Dilfer would help as well. Steve Young as a football reporter = EPIC FAILURE!

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar