Stewart’s chances for Jags not good

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans tackle David Stewart (shoulder) missed his third straight practice on Friday and his chances of playing against Jacksonville don’t appear good.

Stewart is officially listed as questionable.

“It’s hard (to play after not practicing during the week),” Titans coach Mike Munchak said. “I think it makes it a lot harder. He’s done it (before), but we’ll look at that tomorrow and decide how we want to handle it.”

Munchak indicated Byron Stingily might replace Stewart if Stewart can’t play, though Munchak didn’t rule out veteran Mike Otto either.

“We’ll look at both of them,” Munchak said. “They both got reps. We’re trying to get Stingily more and more reps because again, we’d like to give him an opportunity to play. He played last year and did a pretty good job.”

It’s been a frustrating season for Stewart, who’s dealt with leg, ankle and shoulder injuries. He’s missed two games and been at less than 100 percent all year.

He didn’t rule out the possibility of offseason surgery for one or more of the injuries.

“We’ll talk to the doc and check it out,” Stewart said. “I’m sure there will be some MRIs involved.”

As for other Titans injuries, defensive tackle Mike Martin (ankle) is also questionable after limited practice on Friday. But Munchak feels confident he’ll be ready on Sunday.

Running back Chris Johnson (knee), defensive tackle Jurrell Casey (shoulder), center Brian Schwenke (ankle) and cornerback Alterraun Verner (groin) are all probable after full practices on Friday.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Seems like Stewart's been hurt every week. We should do him the honor of cutting him so he can heal up.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

it's probably best he retire, I can't remember a time he wasn't on the injury report.

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Time for Big Country to call it. His body just will not stand up to a full season. Playing hurt just leads to him holding or getting ticked off when he gets beat and committing some stupid personal foul...after getting the QB killed.

5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I thought Byron stingily was the steal of the draft a few years back wtf happened to that

6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Clearly you thought wrong.....LOL

7. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

hey I only thought that cuz I read it multiple places haha.

oh well

8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

We gave otto millions

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Actually the smart thing to do is sit Stewart and let Stingly play these last two games at RT so they can better evaluate if the kid has any chance of taking over Stewart's spot next year. Otto already proved he in't going o cut it and will always be a backup at best.

If Stingly can show he is capable it really helps going into next years free agency and draft. If Stingly stinks it also tells us we better find someone.

• High Five High Five x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar