Stewart making a move at RT?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

There was a good interview with Mike Keith this morning on The Zone. One of the questions had to do with Jacob Bell holding onto the right tackle position. Keith made it sound like Stewart is looking very solid out there and could be in the hunt to win the position. Keith went on to say Bell could be moved back inside if that was to happen.

Nothing against Bell but Stewart was one of the best parts of training camp last season when the OL would face off against the DL in drills. Munch said he is ahead of what Runyan was at this point in his career.

This might be one to closely watch in the preseason.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Very interesting battle. Did Stewart look quick enough to you Jeff? He always looked slow footed to me. But Bell sometimes looked like a rag doll. I kinda hope Stewart can win out, mostly because I'd guess he'll be the stronger run blocker.

3. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

I'd prefer Stewart win the RT job. I like Bell's ability to pull, but I want strength for the run game on that side of the field. Of course, we could use a TE to help Bell, and Bell's technique is solid. He's also better on the move than probably any OL we have, except Mawae.

In any case, Bell's versatility will be an asset this year, if he stays healthy.

4. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I really thought that the job was Stewarts to loose but I guess that Bell is showing more since he is PENCILED in as the starter. Is it time to give up on Loper? From what I understand I think he has had constant injury problems.

5. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Loper is more of a pass blocking OT. If he is healthy, I expect him to be the backup at LT, actually. Hopefully, that means he gets very little playing time this season.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I wonder how Pillar and Olsen are doing. Bell played alot better at LG two years ago then Pillar played last year.

7. Brian

Brian Big Fan

I got the impression from Fisher that it has been Stewart's job to lose all along.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think Bell has been getting most the reps with the first team so far.

9. smili

smili Starter

In a radio interview with Jacob Bell several days ago he indicated the RT job was his to lose.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

In the Sat practice Bell was 1st team and Stewart was 2nd team. Amano looked pretty good filling in for Pillar and did so well on Hayesworth Albert was throwing his helmet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar