Still not sold on mariota

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by wycheck28, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blacktitan

blacktitan Starter

He's the best QB the Titans have had since VY, in terms of skill set, athleticism, and potential. He needs the right system, and the right pieces, which JRob has done a great job of procuring for him. He needs to be more consistent and use his legs more when receivers aren't open. He has no picks in the red zone because he's too quick to throw the ball away IMHO. He is not, and probably never will be, Peyton Manning/Tom Brady accurate with his throws, but that's OK. He has the O-Line, RB's and TE's to manage enough of the games to be a winner. Once the WR's get on board, this will be a LETHAL Offense. Now that D.....

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Fans can be stupid or dumb. Brady looked like he was ready for the rocking chair last game and had a career game this last week. Fans think we should score everytime we have the ball or someone sucks. Then when a player plays well they make excuses to why it is not that big of a deal. Must be miserable living like that.

Anyone not "sold" on Mariota yet might as well find another hobby because watching football is going to be very dissapointing for them.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Wingman

Wingman Starter

he is a far better prospect than young was. mm 35 on wonderlic, vy 9. mariota velocity 56, young 50. mariots 4.48 40, vy 4.68. faster shuttles, better vertical, better long jump, for mariota. better mechanics release, young was a side armer. most importantly mariota is a smart and a hard worker, young was lazy and dumb as a rock.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Wingman

Wingman Starter

check manning numbers at 22. it ain't even close

5. Wingman

Wingman Starter

Manning was int. machine

6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I just read:
    "He's the best QB we've had since Vince Young." and
    "Are we sold that he's the next Steve McNair?"

Can we please set the bar a little higher?

Loved McNair, dude had grit and played through a lot of injuries and was clearly a leader, but as far as QB goes, there is a lot of room for improvement.
    In comparison to VY? I hope we never have another QB disaster like that guy was again.

7. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

LoL. @ Vince Young comparision. Mariota is already better thanVY.

8. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

You expected him to be great within in his 2nd year in the NFL? I guess at this time around back maybe about 15 years ago you were going around telling people how Manning isnt good.
    Yeah every Sunday before kick off I tell my self man "I hope MM8 passes for 150 yards, so we could win" I really worry myself too sleep on Saturdays too.

9. blacktitan

blacktitan Starter

VY Took the titans to the Playoffs and won AFC rookie of the year. People forget how good VY was early on. If the coaching would've kept up, VY would have been a great successor to McNair and the Titans would have been a strong contender for some rings. Yes he was young and immature, and he did flame out. But some of that was due to "stuck on the 85' Bears" , old "8-8" Fisher.

Mariotta has not touched that level of success yet, though he very well could exceed that (at least I sure hope so). But I wouldn't wholesale declare that Mariotta is better than VY was at this point. He has all the tools, just not the accomplishments .

10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

51.5 completion percentage, 12 TDs/13 INTs as a rookie. That's garbage. And nobody is "taking" anyone to the playoffs with his 9 TD/17 INT stat line the following year. Give the rest of the team credit. They won 13 games the following year after replacing him.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar