Still not sold on mariota

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by wycheck28, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

... and twice the TD's... and same amount of INTs.

And didn't conveniently leave out rushing TD's. We were discussing passing accuracy.

2. Deuce Wayne

My bad. I was lost in another comment from another discussion/comparison.

Yeah... comparing them this season.

Is that suddenly not fair?

3. BeastBC53

BeastBC53 Not your typical Titan homer.

MM has not done anything to show me he was worth the number 2 pick.

Hes a great athlete with quick release. Hes not great at reading defense. If the first option isnt there, hes in trouble. Hes had the best pass protecting line the last 2 years. Great run game and top 5 TE. Hes never had an elite WR but you dont need elite WRs to succeed in this league.

He has lost us games more than he has won us games. Not talking about his record, talking about putting the team on his back and winning us a game compare to turning it over at critical times a costing us games. Even the 2 wins this year we could of had Weeden starting and won those games.

Its still early for him but im not convinced yet. Nor should I. And i didnt even mention the health factor.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. Deuce Wayne

Fair.

I think anyone that tells me they trust Mariota to go out and look good pre-game is drinking some strong koolaid.

He either looks solid or awful. Very rare that he looks great/elite.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think Winston and Mariota are very comparable. At this point hard to say which is better because their supporting casts make it difficult.

Mariota stands alone in the #2 QB taken when 2 QBs are taken 1/2 in a draft though.

6. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

These two young QBs are very talented but both got drafted into a terrible organization and are expected to try and save the franchises. Both guys are have new coaches and systems going into their sophomore years. I can argue Winston has a better coach, more offensive minded to help him develop. We had the opportunity to bring in a coach to help our franchise QB develop but got the combo of Mularkey and Robiskie. I like Winston, but he'd be really struggling too under Mularkey and Robiskie.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Based on what, exactly?

I think Mularkey is a proven loser as a head coach, but he has been a great offensive coordinator in the past, as has Dirk Koetter.

8. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Like you said Koetter was a good OC and he brought in Moken who is also more offensive minded in helping Winston. We have super old school Robiskie who only wants a QB to hand off the ball. I don't get it, we get new weapons but don't do much in trying to get them more involved in the offense

9. BeastBC53

BeastBC53 Not your typical Titan homer.

Ill agree that MM doesn't have a top notch coaching staff but that still doesnt excuse his poor reads and turnover worthy throws.

10. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

What do you mean poor reads and turnover worthy throws? Career wise his ratio is good. He's had 2 back to back less than stellar games, lets not act like he's Mett. Outside of Walker and Mathews he has no chemistry with any other targets as they're all new. Again, for this team to win, MM8 has to be lights out. That's the problem with the team. If he's off or not playing we can't win.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar