Still not sold on Vince Young????

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Sta-Chisle, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Hmmm...job on the line...1995...3rd overall pick....

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

exactly what i thought.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Great minds...:))

4. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

One of the knocks on Young is his throwing motion... I happen to like they way he throws the ball.

5. jdee

jdee Guest

Please go back and watch the Rose Bowl again when it's on ESPN Classic. Also, go back and watch last year's Rose Bowl. Vince is the real deal. Actually, I'd say he's ahead of McNair when he was in college because Vince has played against D-I competition for years.

JDee

6. Vince Hawk

Vince Hawk Guest

Big Titan and G, I agree with ya'll 100%. Young is a winner and leader. Big, strong, really fast and throws a real catchable ball. Seems to have the McNair like, uncanny ability to feel the rush and scramble just at the last second and make people miss him at will. Never seems to take a direct shot and a very accurate passer from the games I've seen. A tremendous competitor and real differencemaker "franchise" QB in the NFL IMO. Obviously I think AJ Hawk is gonna be a great NFL player and draftpick, but the 4th best player in this year's draft. I wouldn't be surprised if New Orleans takes Young, so that would leave us Leinart or Bush. What a perfect situation! We get a #1 overall quality draftpick either way and only have to pay him the #3 slot salary or we trade down a pick or 2 or more and get several extra high picks as well.

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Accuracy, timing and being able to read a defense are more important than having a rifle of an arm. I think Young can read defenses. Not all those plays were designed to go to the TE as the 1st read.

People say that playing out of the shotgun you lose the ability to hold the LBs with playaction, but with Young at QB the LBs better pay attention to him or he will kill them with his legs.

8. Vince Hawk

Vince Hawk Guest

Agree again. Actually I'll probably be disappointed if we get anyone other than Vince now.

9. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Look, Vince is a stellar player. I don't see much of a problem with his throwing, except the mechanics and the motion of it (it looks more to the side than it should be, but I'm no genius when it comes to QB mechanics). His accuracy and timing seems to be good. The only place Vince will work, IMO, is with us. Why? Because we've got the McNair factor and the QB Guru Chow here. A year or two behind McNair would do wonders for Vince and Chow could have him reading defenses like no other while tweaking his mechanics. The one thing would be, is Norm going to game plan around Vince or make Vince work with his plan? Vince has so much upside that if he landed here, I wouldn't be worried about him turning out positive. I think because of McNair's experience in the NFL he'll help Vince to become more a Passer than a Scrambler, unlike Vick. The things McNair could teach Young are so vital to him making it in this league and he won't get that anywhere else. God forbid he goes to New Orleans where they're likely to throw him into the fire and waste his gifts.

Personally, I think Chow could mold Vince into the same mold of Steve Young. Make him stick in the pocket more, but when things break down, do what you do. That's such a key part in a QB and it's a big reason why the other Young had success. That ability to make something out of nothing is crucial and it worked for Elway and Steve. They got the rings to show for it too.

10. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

Deutsch, i hope you are right man. i know you are right about one thing. if there is anywhere that this kid will excell... it is here. the pick does seem to fit us very nicely... just nerve racking because out of the "big 3" he is the one with the most upside... but also the one with the most bust potential

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar