Still not sold on Vince Young????

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Sta-Chisle, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I thought the numbers weren't that different.

2. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Troupe, he's a similar threat to vince, and has said he will prove people with his speed at the combine; which I take as a CLEAR indication that he would run if necessary in the NFL. He does have suspect mechanics, but would you prefer to work on the mechanics of a #3 overall or a 2nd/3rd or maybe even a 4th rounder? Unless VY is a franchise QB, @3 he won't be considered value. Omar outside of the 1st is value, because he has the upside to take over and be a starter. If we take VY, VY INSTANTLY has pressure to produce, whether he's starting or not. Omar can have the luxery of getting his NFL game up to speed without that ****, which is just one of the reasons why I think he'll succeed. I'm going to the idea of VY, I just would prefer Omar as he gives us a similar player, cheaper, and gives us the chance to take a power guy on defence in the middle of the field, or trade down and get even more.

3. CanadaTitan

CanadaTitan Guest

i think we almost guarenteed take him if bush and leinhart are off the board

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

The only way Omar makes it out of the second round is if he rips an ACL or kills a prostitute before the draft.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

How can there be pressure to produce when you're not starting?

You mean from screaming fans demanding to see the latest top pick on the field starting over #9? I think here most people wouldn't want to see Young play until he's ready. This ain't the ATL, and we're not in a situation (currently) where we need a rookie QB to play from day one.

And Titans2008 is right, Jacobs will not be there in round two. Waiting for that to happen means missing the boat on the top FOUR QBs in the draft. Despite whatever Reese wants to have happen in the draft, say if was in complete agreement with you, he has to understand where his best opportunity to get that type of player is. It's not in round two, it's at pick #3, no matter which QB any of us would like to see in Titan blue.

6. jdee

jdee Guest

With our situation at QB with an aging McNair, this is the time ( and now the place) to take a franchise QB. I'm not plannin on us drafting this low again for several years, so now is the time. Weather it's Leinert or Young, we've got to take whoever the Saints do not take.

JDee

7. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Whilst I understand that you're saying VY can sit back, I don't want to be sat in a years time and McNair is still the starter. VY is known for progression the past year or two; and he's done that with playing time and practice (mcnair). But we need to give him bit-part plays next year, and play him the next. 2 years is too long to develop a QB nowadays, the only one SINCE mcnair to do this (afaik) is Chad Pennington. He was never really dominant, and now his career could be over. So they've had like 3 years out of him. I'm ok for VY, but we need to play him sooner, rather than later.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Palmer sat his first season.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The Bengals had Kitna and the luxury of letting Palmer sit for a year.
    The main reason I can see for NO going Leinhart over Young is Leinhart is more NFL ready. He stayed in college his senior year and has more of an NFL game. The Saints may need a QB who can produce quickly.
    The Titans will look to shop Volek and sign McNair. Young would not be the starter as long as McNair is healthy but if McNair has another injury Young woulds have to come in. History says McNair will be hurt during the season.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It seems there are a few teams interested in Volek.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar