Still not sold on Vince Young????

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Sta-Chisle, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

BINGO! We have a winner!!

My sentiments exactly Soxcat. The reason why we could be better off with Young than Leinart, is that we don't need him to start right away. He can spend time learning behind McNair and learn whatever the coaches feel he doesn't have yet, such as reading a pro-defence. What I see in Young is huge potential that needs developing, what I see in Leinart is a good quarterback, who might or might not, be as good as he is ever going to be. My gut tells me that Young can be even better given time and good coaching.

In fact I see us having McNair, Mauck and Young for the next 1-2 years, McNair being the starter, Mauck the backup in case of injury and Young the apprentice on the bench.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well based on Mauck's recent game, I'd rather someone else.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

is he gonna learn how to not practice all week :winker:

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

No, Young will be able to practice with the first team every week while McNair watches. McNair will then play with little practice time and we will get to hear how our WRs stink and how Bennett is not a viable #1. I wonder if the excuse we are still getting used to the new offense will fly next year as well.

5. Brian

Brian Big Fan

It will with some.

Side Note: Sources say Andre Woolfolk is planning another breakout year.

:flush:

6. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I agree with that.

7. danny

danny Guest

Unless someone offers the Titans some sort of Herschel Walker type trade for the third pick. Then you take Cutler or Omar later on.

8. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

My point about Omar is; I'd prefer us to take a defensive player now, and get Omar later on. If Omar doesn't work out (and doesn't seem up to speed) try and get Brady Quinn next year.

9. TM

TM Starter

I don't necessarily agree that the Saints would take ML over VY. Young would be very marketable in NO, create a buzz about the team and could be a better long term prospect. The Saints could easily decide to forgo the NFL-ready and take a longer view. Without a coach in NO, a lot remains to be seen.

10. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Well VY last year in the saints would have been perfect. Give him chance to ride the "NO in ruins" boat and play **** and miss all the crits. This year, they need to get back on track and give NO a team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar