"Still want to fire Jeff Fisher, Titans fans?" - Peter King

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

haha this seems as a direct shot to us; for some reason this season more than before feel like these boards are actually being read.

haven't been posting regularly as before, mainly because of that extended skid and the massive amount of team hating it resulted in, but I've been watching the games and i would like to comment on some things:

1st Fisher - i love the guy but im not sold on him yet. if it was up to him he would have kept VY on the sidelines and we might be sitting here with 2 more losses; in response to peter king im not sure if the mullet deserves the credit here. Also, like i argue b4, if he doesn't win a ring he will be remembered for that. also, how seemingly o.k. he was with playing two rooks at CB. Nevertheless, for now, ill give the veteran the benefit of the doubt.

2nd The D and the play calling - There back guys. not as good as last year, but definitely better than what we were seeing earlier in the season. the winston state product looks to be playing good. Not only that, but to help make up for the bad playing Cecil has been very aggressive and its been working. he has been blitzing more in general; i think in the past two games we brought the house twice (once in each) and the qbs went down both times. i also like the improved play of our DBs, finny's return is a big part. and so is hood, who i might actually like more than Harper at this point; both in terms of play and potential.

3rd CJ and the backfield - This guy scares me; i dont know what ill do if he gets injured. he's been taking some licks and im very impressed with the relatively small guy's ability to absorb punishment. Also his pass blocking skills; he has definitely improved his blocking and it has showed. Hall is a tank (literally in CJ's TD run against the 9ers, he moved the whole pile, offensive and defensive) and has a lot to do with CJ's success. Also (except for yesterday) white has been playing some good games and over the course of the season i expect to see him more as we try to get back to some fisher ball; control the game and close them out.

4th Vinceanity - forget the team....it has spread all the way to Egypt. this guy is playing great. seemingly everything this guy was bashed for he has fixed. his pocket presence has been really good so far, letting the plays develop. He's been hitting some nice floaters and good passes (sure not perfect but with such a high completion percentage over two games im not complaining). He is no longer a run first qb, he stands in the pocket with those nimble feet avoiding tackles and this has re-opened some of those running lanes. He is bouncing back from bad plays (he hasn't made much of them, but when he misses a pass or something, he really just shrugs it off now). and perhaps the most important, or at least for fisher and his style of play, is taking care of the ball.

i know its only two wins, and neither of them against elite teams either....but im happy from what im seeing from my team and pissed only b/c im worried it might have happened a bit too late.

Offseason note - dont really want to talk about who we might lose and digress there. really just wanted to point out that this offseason there are 3 good DT heading toward FA, Vince of the pats, Franklin of te 9ers, and Picett of the packers. I would really like to pursue one this offseason

2. Titans Reign

Titans Reign Camp Fodder

I feel more strongly now about Fisher needing to leave than before. This success could have been realized in games 3 thru 6. Stubborn coaching style and holding apparent grudges against players has lead us to where we are now - with a talented team that at best can finish 10-6, with losses against key AFC opponents that will most likely own the tie-breakers in a tightly contested conference.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

To answer the headline of this article. Yes, I do want him fired. Lets kick off the next decade in Tennessee football with a winning tradition. I hate enduring these 8-8 seasons.

Also, alink to the article?

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

lol Yea...Still fire him.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Yes show him the door.

I formed an opinion that it's time for a change after we were 0-5. I'm a long time Fisher supporter but I don't care if we win 10 straight. His overall record is average, not bad not great.

Colt's,Pat's Eagles,Steeler's are good teams every year. Regardless of injuries,FA and coaching changes.

I want some of that action and 15 years is enough to know that Fisher's not going to produce consistently good results.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

peyton manning, tom brady, donovan mcnabb and ben roethlisberger might have something to do with that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Mr. King, the answer to your question is still (even after two straight wins) is a most resounding YES. If anything, a stronger YES than before.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yes I do still want Fisher fired. Actually not today I don't, but all of October I did. I've always said; Jeff the guy - great man no beef, but Jeff the coach - I had a huge problem with. If he can hide in the shadows then cool (he can stay), but when Jeff is out there doing what he does oh so poorly then yea fire him. And send Kerry with him.

On another note titan_fan_4ever,
    You mentioned you don't know what you'd do if C.J. gets injured. I think we're all thinking the same. He's looking beat down already in week 9 with only 18 carries a game. I too am a little worried about him in down the road. The last two games C.J. has seen an increase in his role on this team from 16 or so carries to now in the mid twenties, and while he's seriously contributing to these wins, he does look like the carries are catching up to him. We cant analyze him weekly and say he's good, he's all speed no muscle, then say he's overrated. Chris Johnson is good, and when he's hot he's amazing. I hope to see more of LenDale in December, that should only mean were wining when were running, and if we don't get an added dose of L-Dub now then I think we'll see him for worse reasons. Like an injured "Every Coaches Dream". Maybe he should change his name again, and go with "Every Defensive Coordinators Nightmare".

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

At least you realize it takes a top tier QB to win consistently in this league. It makes it even more mind boggling that you are so attached to VY. He has absolutely nothing in common with any of the above players you mentioned.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

there are different ways of winning in this league.

1. a top defense and running game

2. a top tier quarterback who will be there week in and week out. who was the last quarterback not named brady, manning, or roethilisberger to win the super bowl? brad johnson is the one i can think of.

finding the top tier qb is harder than finding a good reliable running back and building a top defense.

the titans have done it both was THIS DECADE. people say fisher refuses to change, i don't see it that way. he definitely has his preferences, but he will change if he has to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar