"Stomping the Terrible Towel"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfantilidie, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Tmi

2. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Pittsburghs Terrible Towel wasn't their towel, nor was it the first to be waved at a stadium.
    In the early 60s, the Miami fans used to wave white hankys at their games. The Terrible Towel did not come out until the Steelers started to win games, 1970s.
    The Steelers did not invent the Terrible Towel, that's why there was never a Steeler logo on them. They were invented by a Pittsburgh sports writer named Myron Cope. Sometime after Myrons retirement did he sell the rights to the Steelers. Then, Steeler logos started to appear on the towels. The originals never had any association with the Steelers.

3. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I can see CJ scoring then finding a towel and stomping on it.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well, I didn't mean what you're thinking at all. lol

5. RavensShallBurn

And it would result in a 15 yard penalty and give the Steelers great field position. So, unless his score put us up by 21 in the 4th quarter, it would be a pretty dumb move.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

7. RavensShallBurn

You said TMI... too much information.

Unless you were referring to someone else.

I just figured you saw "hand towel" and "do as I please" and made up your own conclusion which is not what I had in mind, at all.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yes that was what the TMI was about - lol

the ??? were about 15 yard penalty if CJ was to stomp a yellow cryin' rag. Not sure that is covered in the rulebook.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Titans better win now - or I'll be sport a Steelers pic as my default on Facebook for a week... The other guy is so diehard I'm shocked he took the bet with even the remotest chance he'd hafta sport Titans blur for a week..

10. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I don't think that would be a penalty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar