Stone Temple Pilots reunion tour

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Childress79, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

STP are my all time favourite band & they've recently announced a headlining reunion gig at the Rock On The Range Festival,05/17 in Columbus Ohio.

I'm posting this as an obsessed fan to draw attention to the reunion for those who are fans but don't necessarily keep up with the band .

I've no interest in the festival gig but as soon as the dates are released I'll be booking my flights & planning my trip to see a few of the shows.

Ideally they'll play in Tennessee or surrounding states but failing that I'll be hitting either the East or West coast.I'm doing this regardless but it if any members here are interested in meeting up to catch a gig & on the tour,well that would be the icing on the cake.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

So what happened to velvet revolver?

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Damn I'm getting old.. Seems like 10 minutes ago I was seeing this unknown band called Stone Temple Pilots at a free show in Ft. Lauderdale. Now they're having their 15th or 16th reunion..
    Somewhere I have a backstage/stagehand pass for the Tiny Music tour - still has the label on it. If i can dig it up I'll send it to you Childress.
    If you do make over, you gotta come get Cruddy in Nashville!

4. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

My thought exactly, but I guess Scott Weiland can handle more than one project at this time. I see STP getting back together permanently when GNR does.

As a bassist for 30 years, I really appreciated STP's basslines, but IMO Velvet has much better Guitar work. Slash, anyone?

STP headlines Rock on The Range!!

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Taking a break allegedly.

A mere 270,000 album sales & playing in half empty venues are to blame.That & being a crap band.

6. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Wow. I didn't know they were doing that badly. Poor sales will doom any band.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It is a shame that an old school band like VR is basically being killed off by down loaders. They've toured like crazy since 04 but never really taken off in the states.

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

The core album is the first CD that ever went south on me. Just stopped playing at some point. Not sure if it was just the time, the sun, or over play but I loved that album ...

9. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

Remeber the Australian band "church"? I only know of one hit they had from Donnie Darco. .. but they are amongst my regulars at Fridays. Poor boys have absolutely NOTHING LEFT thanks to DL. It's sad really.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

After seeing this thread, I thought I'd check youTube for a vid. My last band played "Slither", but I'd never seen them...I'm not a TV guy.

Ew.

Weiland is downright creepy, and really exudes an "I'm in the closet!" image...probably not the best image for a bad boy band. Even Slash and Duff can't sell that.

Hey, Kid Gloves! A bassist, huh? Hermano!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar