Stopping no huddle offense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Smash, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

That sh*t is completely lame. They fine people for hits, they need to fine them for this bs. My opponent is besting me, let me play dead. A total joke.

2. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

That's obviously faking, but I don't know how you would go about proving there was no injury? Couldn't Grant just say he was cramping up?

If anyone should get punished, it's Coughlin. That was obviously designed. Jacquian Williams flopped on the field and then sprang back up.

I remember the Jags doing this to the Colts too. Del Rio would hold his nose and point his thumb down, and a couple Jags would flop around like fish out of water. No huddle halted.

3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

This is getting a little coverage atleast, they were talking about it on Mike and Mike

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Yea it was bs...two players went down at the same time in the red zone.

I hope we get some no-huddle going. It has been very effective for teams in the first two weeks.

5. amy

amy Starter

Outlaw no huddle, problem solved.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

It's BS, but it just combats the offense's BS. If Peyton Manning can run a play in hurry up when the defense is trying to substitute fresh players to get an illegal amount of defenders stuck on the field, I say fair game for defensive players to do this.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

No huddle isn't BS. The same offensive players stay on the field, why does the D need to sub? The same offense is on the field so they will be 'just as winded'..I understand the match up part of it, but no huddle is a great thing...we need to utilize it some, other than in the last two minutes.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

finding a clear advantage by running your offense faster than the opposing D can sub in new packages isn't BS. Now faking an injury so that a game official has to take a injury timeout is complete and utter BS. That is the definition of "unsportsmanlike".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar