Strength of schedule. What do you think?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fishman35, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

At best it is a three way tie

2. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Power rankings

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Strength of schedule is useless.Before last season started Kansas City was one of the worst teams at 2-14 and most fans in the early going thought it could be an automatic win.Same goes for the Arizona Cardinals who were 5-11 so most fans would've also marked that one down also as a pretty easy win.However we lost to both Kansas City who finished the year 11-5 and lost to Arizona who finished the year 10-6.

Now before we all go marking down Cleveland for an easy win this year those guys have really improved on defense and all they need on offense is a QB they have some weapons.I think Cleveland will be one of those teams that are much improved.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

This..

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

on sunday SoS is :bs: on draft day its huge as it is the tiebreaker between teams with tied records

6. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Ok, like I said, not the best statistic, but it isn't useless.

"Any given Sunday blah blah..."

I don't underestimate our ability to lose to bad teams, but I would sure as hell rather play a season full of Jags instead of Seahawks. If SOS didn't matter at all, we might as well flip a coin instead of play the games.

Not fair to assume all teams are built equally.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

It matters a little.. yea there will be some surprise teams, but its nice to have 2x vs Jags, 2x vs Texans... Browns, Jets..home games vs Dallas, NYG & Pit should be very winnable..

I'll be pretty disappointed if we aren't at least 5-3 at home..

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Strength of schedule in April means jack. When the season kicks off everything changes. The Texans wont be a 2-14 team in 2014, Jaguars wont be a 4-12 team either.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

And before last season the chiefs were an easy win and made for easy of strength of schedule.

And the falcons wouldve been a loss and made for difficult strength if schedule.

You don't play any team 16 times.

So again, strength of sched in nfl is meaningless

10. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Like I said, it obviously isn't a good barometer. It also isn't useless.

If I polled all fans and said your team can play the Jags twice or the Seahawks twice, or "Who cares it doesn't matter" as a third option...

I'm going to go on a limb and say just about everyone would pick the Jags.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar