Study: Stupid people listen to Lil Wayne, Smart people listen to Radiohead

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Daves not here, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Understandable. Lil Wayne kills more brain cells than meth ever could.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Just look at the target ages. Pop radio is meant for early teens, by default their music would be considered "for dumber people" because they haven't had the education yet. (I consider rap a part of this)
    So most of what this is, is an exercise is what older people listen to. But anyway, the fact that lyrics like " I wanna lick you like a lollipop" aren't really written for non-idiots should be pretty apparent in the first place.

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Not surprising.

I always wonder what younger people that only listen to rap are going to listen to in a few years when they have kids?

My roommate is 23, listens solely to rap, and still bumps subs (12s at that). He's screwed here in about 5 years.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^well, the genre isn't going anywhere. And old rap fans still like old rap...so, he'll probably just listen to rap.
    No different than rock heads that are only listening to rock music. At one point it'd probably seem crazy for anyone over 40 to listen to Metalica, but now it'd seem weird if you were UNDER 30 and liked it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Disagree Gloat, I used to listen soley to rap in my younger years, and as I grew older I moved onto just about every genre. I love all types of music now. The one thing I have learned is that to label yourself one genre only is foolish. You miss out on so much. I do think this study is silly though.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

that study is garbage... (although I don't dispute that lil wayne breeds ignorance)

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

That's true for a lot of us but Gloat's comment on Metallica is spot on.

8. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I agree that study is dumb. Sure some of Waynes music is probably hard to understand for some and that could leave you feeling dumb after hearing it leaving you saying, "What did he say, what was he talking about".

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

But what do insane people listen to?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar