Stunned Titans failed to answer critics

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Dude we held them to 13 points. You simply cant ask for more then that out of a defense in a playoff game. Our offense was inside the Ravens 35 yard line 7 times and scored 10 points. 5 of those 7 times we weren't able to score. We essentially left 15 points on the field bare minimum and lost by 3. We outplayed them in every facet of the game, we just blew it on fundamental stuff. Don't lose your cool, don't jump offsides, protect the football, etc. You can list 3 plays in this game that changed the entire 60 minutes. None of them happened with our D on the field

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

the 3 air punts spring too mind and the 23 yarder that should have been blown dead for delay of game.

My point with Schwartz, expecially this game, Titans could have held them scoreless had he been more aggressive. 4 of their 9 FDs, without rewatching the game, were the 3 air punts and the no call DoG. that left the scatbirds with 5 FDs on the day. Off the top of my head I only remember 2 FDs. Ratbirds got a rushing FD when FA was gone and I recall a nice pass for 6-8 yards for a FD. That is 6 of the 9 FDs right there. Hold a team to 5 FDs and they should not score.

The scatbird O was impotent and allowing them anything was downright embarassing, because they should have been crushed!

And I know the Titan O lost the game, my point is the Titan D has enough talent that a good DC would have crushed the scatbirds and won the game with a more aggressive D

3. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

4 turnovers and ~100 yards in penalties will kill a team, regardless of how good they are, everytime.
    We should be lucky that the score wasnt' anywhere from 24 to 31-10.
    While LW had very, very few fumbles this year, he fumbled during a crucial game and if you watch the play again, he was doing NOTHING to protect the ball. He was holding the ball so far out with his left hand, that you could have put another football between his body and the ball he was holding.
    Crumpler had three defenders zeroing in on him and popped him right where he was holding the ball with one hand. Yet again, if defenders are coming after you, PROTECT THE ****IN BALL!!
    Both int's were boneheaded throws by KFC.
    And the penalties...I'm not even going to talk about the penalties.
    The Titans deserved to lose for playing like that.

I hope Fisher emphasizes ball protection/control and discipline this off season/training camp. Those players damn sure need it.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Not turning the ball over would have won the game. Your only saying that because you hate Schwartz and you think blitzing would have worked when in reality your just assuming.

5. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

FYI, there was only 3 turnovers and only 1 int.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I rewatched that closely and think it was a bad spot. They spotted it about where Gage's knee was, but he had the ball stretched out underneath him near his helmet which was right on or very close to the marker.

Seems like that spot could have been looked at closer.

7. RavensD

RavensD Guest

Agreed; he looked like a foot, at most, short of the first.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Panty Kuharskie had the breakdown. Eyebrows had a 100+ passer rating when Titans did not blitz - including all the big plays. Eyebrows had a 20 passer rating on the 7 times he was blitzed for 8 total yards.

I assume nothing. Putting additional pressure on Eyebrows DID impede the scatbird performance. Putting additional pressure on the rookie QB during obvious passing downs should have been done because the additional pressure worked.

But that is the Ghandi like philosiphy the Titans get with Schwartz, and I don't hate Jimbelina, I hate that he is the Titans DC. I would love the guy if he could somehow become DC in Houston/Indy/Jacksonville

9. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Like I said, the guy hadn't had a fumble in the last two years. So you'd think he knows how/when to protect the ball... but somehow he managed to fumble in what was, at that point, the most important drive of the year for the Titans.

How do you even explain something like that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar