subway...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GMITTS, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I suppose they would make it cold for you if you requested it. However, I get the grilled veggie and then they put it throught their little rolling oven to melt the cheese and warm the bread, then the lettuce and tomatos go on cold. Seriously, it's worth the drive. Sheesh, I may have to get out of the pajamas and go get me one.

Oh, and Jersey Mikes makes a good cold sub. They are a bit more expensive than the other places, but it's a good sub. I think their mini sandwich is about $4, which is the size of a Subway kid's sandwich. Publix also makes a delicious sandwich.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Winner!!
    Publix will make you a slamming sammich using any store product of your choice, which includes a selection of Boar's Head products so huge that it makes Jersey Mike pee his trousers. They also have an on-premises bakery that makes the freshest tastiest breads.
    The key is to know exactly what you want..

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I think all of Penn Station's subs are toasted... believe me, you want them toasted. They're so good. They have fries that are actually semi-healthy as well... they're fresh cut!

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I've always been a fan of Boar's Head meats and cheeses. In college, we had a place right next to where one of my evening classes was that made great sandwiches with them. It was the first I'd heard of them then, but now most grocery stores carry them. Nice to see the appreciation of quality product actually leading to a spread of that product.

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Penn Station is very solid.... However, I find the "Big Kahuna" at Jersey Mikes to be every bit it's equal. As for Subway, I would rather eat my own underwear!:barf: I never eat there unless I absolutely have to! Which isn't very often...

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

7. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Creeping Cruds, if you make nice at Publix, the manager will deliver to your house! I think I gotta get me another sandwich today after all this conversation about it! All hail to the Earl of Sandwich!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I rarely get subs or sandwiches anymore. When I did on occassion hit Subway, I used to snag a BMT with extra cheese. Loved the beef dip sandwich at Quiznos, but they dropped it, so... **** 'em!

My sandwich money now gets dropped on chicken shawarmas. There's a great little shawarma joint down the street from my store. For less than $5 I get a meal that has me satisfied for hours ( i had one for din last night and didn't eat a thing for the rest of the evening... other than a couple of strawberry frosted pop-tarts :) ).

The only drawback for the shawarma is also one of it's best qualities; Garlic! Possibly the stinkiest food ever.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

Chicken Bacon Ranch on Italian herb and cheese

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Don't get me started on garlic. In the running for greatest food ever, right behind the larger categories of meat, cheese, and alcohol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar