Succop Says KC Timeout Helped (Not The Practice Swing)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RealestWhiteBoy, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

I was pleading for him just to drive it lower and if it gets blocked so be it. But it looked like it was the same height just about 5 yards more. What a great kick and win.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I was thinking the same thing. I was shocked to see the Chiefs spread out wide on both sides just prior to the snap. Still baffled by that. They left the middle wide open on what was clearly going to be a low trajectory kick. What the hell were they thinking? Fake? lol

3. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

In college, they could've iced him again, but in the pros you can't use timeout back-to-back. So, Succop didn't have to worry about it that time.

4. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

I noticed this, but I think their mindset (especially after it came up short) was to ensure the refs didn't have any chance to flag for illegal formation on them. Just don't be anywhere near the center, because giving him 5 yards and a rekick was the only way he'd make it, in their mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar