Sunday's Game and Draft Position

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Dec 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I fully expect they've decided Munch's fate already.

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I would sure hope so, I mean playing the Texans, the worst team in the league this year won't say much either way at this point.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

And even if they have not I doubt a meaningless last game will have any impact on a decision. He has been the head coach three years now. Coached 47 games. I cannot see his job resting on the 48th game.

4. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

2 that we would be interested in with more that we can find as replacements.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Label me anything you want. On Sunday, GO TITANS! It's gonna be epic to give the Texans their 14th regular season loss in a row.

:texansbs:

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

First off, since NONE of us on this board knows by what criteria Munchak will or will not lose his job, you can't say rooting for the team to win is rooting for Munchak to keep his job. It is quite possible/likely the decision has already been made and we are playing out the string. So please don't knock people for rooting for the team we all ROOT FOR!

I know Sunday I am in a bit of a no lose situation. Sunday is always better with a Titans victory and finishing off the season beating a team who was a pre-season favorite to be a Super Bowl contender would be a nice way to finish off the season even if the Texans are a shell of what they were last year. On the other hand, if we lose, we will pick higher in the draft.

In general, all comments regarding the draft are correct. All things being equal, drafting higher is better AND let's suppose we got the 9th pick and traded down to the 16th pick (quite possible) and that got us a 3rd round pick back. That is VALUE!!!

The flip side is, if you pick a bad player at 9 or 16...you still picked a bad player! Locker fans may not want us to pick in the top 10 because there MAY be a franchise QB there to take and give the Titans a decision to make. Then again, there could be one at 16 or 22 or 32 or 2nd round too.

I will be rooting for a win Sunday because I ALWAYS root for my team to WIN!!! The rest will take care of itself. Plus, I don't think it's a meaningless game. They have beaten us a lot the last few years so finishing the season by beating them would be nice! Of course, now the Colts have our number and we HAVE to find a way to beat them next year!!!

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. Alex1939

I'll echo something TitanJeff has said.

If the front office is deciding to fire Munch based on this game, we're screwed. We will have bigger problems than coaching or players.

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. Alex1939

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

At 9 we would still have a chance at a legitimate QB prospect. At 16 not so much. As for who I will be rooting for Sunday, I will remain as neutral as possible and let the fates decide.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

It is inevitable though. We win on Sunday and very quickly a thread will be started freaking out because we won.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar