Sunday's Game and Draft Position

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Dec 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I want as high a pick as possible. If you remember we were ONE pick away from getting Pierre-Paul but got stuck with Morgan. We were also ONE pick away from getting Hakeem Nicks instead of Kenny Britt. Just one slot can be the difference between a stud player and and average player.

I have said for a while that I think Clowney will fall a little bit in this draft. He didn't have as good of a year this year and people are starting to question his desire/work ethic. I think at the top there will be a run on QB's and OT's. Clowney could "fall" to 8 or 9 if that's the case. If we were sitting at 10 the price to trade up to 7 or 8 wouldn't be as steep as if we were at 16.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

No. Just no.

I'll be a fake fan and hope they lose. We're talking about potentially being #9 or #16, that's a huge difference. I'm sorry you wasted your money on tickets, but a loss is more important. A win potentially means Munchak stays, a loss means he's basically gone.

So what's more important -- $$ you spent on one game, or another bum season next year?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Sorry XP, but I'm with New Horizon on this one. NO, I don't want my team to lose...EVER. More top 10 players have been busts than not. Plus I can't stand the cows and their silly ass club. I don't just want us to win, but win in a huge way. Just my opinion.

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

If you hate the Texans so much then what better way to mess them up than by letting them beat us and blow their chance at having the #1 pick in the draft.

Personally it doesn't matter to me. Busts/Studs can be drafted at #9 just as easily as they can at #16. Even if we win we will probably draft #12. Our track record with high picks is not very good any way.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Whether you want to believe it or not, the Titans said they'd taken Morgan. He was their guy.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm mostly worried about another win means Munchak keeps his job.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Do people even realize that before getting hurt 3 weeks ago, JPP has only had 2 sacks all year. The guy isn't all that much better than Derrick Morgan. We landed a good player that year.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

JPP is a one trick pony. If he only has 2 sacks then he is pretty terrible. Morgan may not be what everyone wants but at least when not getting sacks he still contributes.

Also, do people realize that since the team move to Nashville the two highest picks have been Vince Young and Pacman Jones?

[​IMG]

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If the front office does not know it's decision about Munch and the Texans game is a deciding factor, we are in serious trouble. Because the front office's entire decision making process goes into question.

I expect they either know they will keep Munch or they know they will fire him. Personally, and with no ounce of evidence to support it, I believe the front office has already told Munch that they will let him go at the end of the year and they want to do it respectfully, and I think the rumors are true that Munch had his agent quietly inquire about Penn State and it leaked.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar