Super Bowl commercials

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RTH, Feb 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If McDonalds did a commercial showing they were going to really give back and pay grandma's medical bills or discontinue deforestation activities in South America because they wanted to help some grandma there I would applaud them.

This commercial was 99.9% pandering and .01% give-back.
    That's the diff..

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

And Budweiser is supposed to set up a puppy rescue organization and Coke some kind of anti-cyber negativity coalition?

No one is saying McD is somehow saving the world by giving away fries for hugs nor do they claim such. It was just a simple and clever concept which played off their slogan that was effective except to those who already despise their brand.

McD haters were not their target.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. 8and8

8and8 Starter

Established brands like Coke, Pepsi, McDs, Budweiser, etc. don't have to push their products in advertisements anymore. Maybe I'm too cynical but are their people who base decisions off of these commercials?

Who really is going to stand in the drink aisle at the grocery store and say, " you know I was going to get Pepsi but drinking Coke may make the world a better place because the makers of Coke wants the world to be happy."

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Micky D's has like one thing Id pay for, their ad reached the right people who will eat there tho, and so the business guy in me sees the value this ad will generate., But on the record; their food is as low in quality as you can find.
    I wouldnt mind not eating their food for 10 years like you and Fry, (BTW Fry hasnt eaten a McDonalds fry in a while?, hmm seems funny) but to any avail, McDonads is bad food from their salt to their ice cream, its all fake supped up food thats bad for you. They squeeze every penny for all its worth, good for them, bad for everyone else.

5. JCBRAVE

But I will give them credit for one thing, their Happy Meals.

I can take my kid to McDonalds now and finally feel they're getting the proper foods and nutrients a growing kid needs. Wraps, fruits, salads, and a couple other things that are worthwhile to your body make it so I actually take my kids in there. McDonalds is smart as hell to target kids with toys between commercials of their favorite cartoons. My kids dont like to eat anything, my boy is the worst, kid only eats things you can toast in a toaster.

Im slightly thankful theres a McDonalds out there that caters to kids, but come the point where my kids stop eating chicken nuggets and yogurt, McDonalds is history to me.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Their apple slices are horrendous. They've been treated so much with preservatives that they barely taste like apples.

I question the healthiness of those...

7. JCBRAVE

yea but bad apples beat terrible frys

8. RTH

RTH Meh...

I don't trust anything with preservatives to be good for you.

9. JCBRAVE

, nearly everything is covered in something, unless you grow your own crops, you're buying food altered in some way

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

Apples are not covered in preservatives.

Unless you buy those pre-packaged sliced apples...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar